Clinical Director - Critical Care, Central DuPage Hospital, Full-time, DaysWinfield, Illinois Job REQID 1602 Job Function Director Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Clinical Director reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Manages the daily operations of 3 critical care units in accordance with the ANA scope and standards of practice for Nursing Administration, and with the policies, values, and mission of Northwestern Medicine.
- Directs clinical activities, including patient assessment, care plan development, service level determination, patient visits, and complaint management.
- Collaborates with hospital leadership and medical staff to identify and develop new patient care programs, policies and procedures.
- Provides direct patient care as needed to maintain service levels.
- Plans and directs staffing activities, including hiring, orienting, evaluating and continuing education initiatives.
- Coaches and mentors staff on performance, patient satisfaction, and conflict resolution.
- Participates in recruitment, staff development and capacity planning.
- Performs and/or participates in scheduling/staffing and time keeping.
- Develops and implements a program to measure, assess, and improve the quality of nursing care provided by the organization.
- Identifies and resolves issues affecting the delivery of clinical services and patient satisfaction.
- Performs quality assurance studies and assists with implementation of QI/QA initiatives.
- Monitors departmental compliance with applicable regulations.
- Develops departmental goals and objectives consistent with medical, administrative, legal and ethical requirements of the health care delivery system and which support the strategic plan and vision of the organization.
- Prepares departmental budget and ensures that department operates within allocated funds.
- 5+ years nursing experience, including 3 years of relevant supervisory experience
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action
- Excellent customer service skills
- Master's degree
- Must be able to demonstrate a degree in Nursing (BSN or MSN)
- Illinois licensure as an RN
- BLS certification
- Certification in specialty
- Respiratory Therapist CRT - Respiratory Therapy, Full Time, Nights Lake Forest, Illinois
- Patient Service Representative - ICC, Casual, Days Glenview, Illinois
- Patient Care Tech - Behavioral Health, Part Time, Evenings Woodstock, Illinois
- Phlebotomist-FLOAT - HealthLab, Full-time, Days (CW) Chicago, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs