Certified Anesthesia Technician CDH Anesthesiology Full-time RotatingLocation Winfield, Illinois Business Unit Central DuPage Hospital Job REQID 120617 Job Function Patient Support Shift Rotating Apply Now
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $10,000 Student Loan Repayment ($5,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
The Certified Anesthesia Tech reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Certified Anesthesia Tech provides perioperative technical and clinical support to members of the anesthesia team in relation to all anesthesia procedures. The Certified Anesthesia Tech works as a member of the surgical team, providing patient care under the direct supervision of a licensed anesthesia provider.
- Understands care needs of age specific populations: neonate to 10 years old through geriatrics 64 years and older.
- Understands, sets up and assists with emergency, difficult and awake fiberoptic intubations.
- Prepares patient and assists provider with invasive line placement and monitoring--preps patient and prepares sterile field as well as all equipment/supplies for arterial lines, central venous lines, additional peripheral vascular lines, cardiac catheters, femoral lines, unilateral ventilation and TEE probe management.
- Supports point of care glucose and blood gas testing including blood draws from patient lines
- Provides clinical and technical support as needed per members of the anesthesia team as well as for all emergent situations
- Assists with patient positioning and transfer
- Prepares, disinfects, and troubleshoots all anesthesia-related equipment, including movement of equipment and supplies to support room turn-over and readiness.
- Maintains appropriate inventory levels of supplies and equipment related to anesthesia care.
- Provides clinical and technical support to anesthesia staff wherever needed in the institution--ICUs, IR, MRI, GI, CT, EP, ED
- Rotates to meet the needs of the department and hospital, willingness for flexibility and on call coverage is essential.AA/EOE.
- Serves as a resource for anesthesia to staff in other departments.
- Supports the orientation of new staff members to the Anesthesia Technician role
- Attend in-services for continuing education / completion of all on-line education in a timely manner and maintenance of clinical competency.
- Basic Life Support Certification prior to or upon hire
- ASATT Certification or Candidate that has recently completed an Applied Science Anesthesia Technology Degree Program (ATDP) and will sit for certification within 6 months of hire.
- If Candidate is not certified or has not completed an Applied Science Anesthesia Technology Degree Program the candidate must possess at least 3 to 5 years OR/Anesthesia clinical experience and commit to enroll in an Applied Science Anesthesia Technology Degree Program within 1 year of hire and obtain certification within 6 months of program completion.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs