Assistant Manager Sterilizing-CDH Centralized Sterilization Full-time DaysLocation Winfield, Illinois Business Unit Central DuPage Hospital Job REQID 80226 Job Function Management-Facilities/Support Services Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $6,000 Student Loan Repayment ($3,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
The Assistant Manager, Sterilizing reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines, and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Assistant Manager, Sterilizing assists the department Manager with day to day operations with staffing and materials in preparation of surgical case load. They will also assist with education of Sterilizing staff as needed for new processes and continuing education needs.
- Assists department manager with day-to-day operations and oversees/supports supervisors.
- Responsibilities include the coordination of workload, supervises staff and problem solving.
- Responsible for decontamination, cleaning, processing and sterilization of supplies and equipment dispensed by the department.
- Works closely with leadership staff within Perioperative Services and ancillary departments.
- Assists Manager with recruiting and provides optimal department coverage, develops department schedules and daily assignments within department guidelines; and maintains minimal use of overtime.
- Utilizes department documentation, the instrument management system, quality assurance data, infection prevention reports, SSI team reviews, and other committee/department feedback in the development and modification of the both the SPD QA program and the SPD educational program.
- Attends Perioperative Services Daily Huddle and addresses department staffing and instrumentation needs.
- Performs daily SPD and OR rounds, QA audits, and documentation/log reviews.
- Supports Safety Coaches in Safety Always culture change.
- Reviews department documentation for each site, and any ancillary department that requires sterilization or terminal sterilization (ER, Respiratory Therapy and Mother-Baby).
- Works with the Perioperative Services clinical educators to update/enhance methodologies and technologies for the delivery of educational programs including policies, procedures, safety, and QA.
- Works with Materials Management in the coordination of inventory needs and delivery times.
- 3 years of experience in Sterilizing.
- High school diploma.
- Sterilizing Certification.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs