Analytics Consultant - Full-Time, DaysLocation Winfield, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 32284 Job Function General Business Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Analytics Consultant reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Analytics Team at Northwestern Medicine delivers thoughtful, highly engaging analytics products to our clinical and administrative leadership. These solutions directly impact and help drive the clinical and financial performance of our health system. Northwestern Medicine is looking for a data driven, business-minded, results oriented Analytics Consultant to join our team. The Analytics Consultant uncovers insights that drive strategy and optimal decision making for the Executive team and leaders across the organization. In this role, you will be charged with understanding the who, what, and whys of our business - working cross-functionally to dig into trends and surface value-creating opportunities.
To succeed in this role, you must be innately curious, deeply analytical, highly driven, and a strong communicator. Some of those qualities include but are not limited to:
- Be a Data Champion! Effective analysis is only possible with good data - be an advocate of data accessibility, accuracy and quality.
- Be Curious! Find data nuggets, trends and other analytical goodies that help support our mission, vision, and values and advance our department as a whole.
- Be a Team Player! Collaboration is what makes us great come prepared to work with a diverse cross-section of technical and business professionals.
- Some of the core functions of the Analytics Consultant include defining, extracting, analyzing, and presenting data cogently to answer the questions being asked.
- Synthesize raw data into actionable information in the form of reports and presentations.
- Serve as a functional and content expert user of EDW, including but not limited to, Epic Clarity data.
- Work with the business to define requirements, formulate queries, validate results, and generate reports using Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Evaluate data quality and interpret results in a clear, concise manner.
- Own analytics projects and be accountable for gathering customer requirements, execute analytics work efforts, and exceed customer expectations.
- Work collaboratively with and support multi-departments efforts and projects.
- Provide training and support through the organization on the use of analytics tools.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field
- 2+ years of experience in a role querying and/or analyzing data
- Experience working with business users to determine analytical solutions to meet business needs
- Experience using SQL for data extraction, manipulation, and reporting Demonstrated competency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and/or Access
- Effective problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
- Effective problem solving and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience working with Epic Clarity data
- Experience using the Microsoft Business Intelligence stack (SSRS, SSMS, SSIS, SSAS)
- Experience using a software package for statistical analysis (R, Python, etc)
- Previous healthcare experience, ideally with a health system
- Previous experience working in an Agile environment
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Associate General Counsel, Full-Time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Clinical Practice Specialist Nurse - Critical Care/ICU Huntley, Full-time, Day Huntley, Illinois
- Staff Nurse Inpatient - Marianjoy, 3 East, $3,000 Sign on Bonus, Full Time Evenings Wheaton, Illinois
- Patient Care Tech - Marianjoy, $2,000 Sign on Bonus, Full Time Days Wheaton, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs