Wound Care Manager - Full-time, DaysLocation Wheaton, Illinois Business Unit Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital Job REQID 10444 Job Function Management-Nursing Shift Rotating Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Wound Care Manager reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The wound care nurse manager has accountability for clinical and administrative leadership for the Marianjoy inpatient wound care program, ensuring best practices and patient care outcomes. The position functions as a content expert and liaison between hospital leadership, physician providers and Marianjoy direct care staff.
- Direct Patient Care:
- Provides consultative services and assists direct care clinicians in the prevention and treatment of existing or potential skin breakdown in accordance with the wound care certified scope of practice and organizational policies.
- Collaborates with members of the interdisciplinary and medical teams to develop, implement and evaluate plans of care to optimize healing and pressure injury prevention.
- Provides advanced guidance for the formulation of individualized treatment plans for patients/families with complex skin/wound/ostomy care needs based upon knowledge of patient populations and rehabilitation needs.
- Partners with the referral liaisons and inpatient nursing team to ensure a smooth transition of care for patients with complex wounds admitted to this level of care from acute facility.
- Acts as a resource to direct care staff and case management in the assessment of patient/family needs based upon expert knowledge of the skin/wound/ostomy issues and anticipation of health education and continuity of wound care post discharge.
- Documents assessments and recommendations for wound/ostomy care as appropriate in the medical record.
- Establishes program or service goals, consistent with hospital goals and strategies.
- Provides program leadership, communication and coordination for services with other departments.
- Develops and maintains strong working relationships with clinical leadership and hospital departments to ensure close coordination and integration of medical staff, nursing and others toward the achievement of goal targets.
- Represents the department at patient care conferences, committees and system collaboratives, when appropriate, and relays information to appropriate others.
- Coordinates the updating of policies for the department as needed
- Assesses acuity and treatment schedules to make wound team staffing adjustments as warranted.
- Partners with referring physicians, vendors, and purchasing to develop and maintain wound care product formulary appropriate for this level of care.
- Develops and manages program budget.
- Identifies best practice, technology and equipment trends and makes program update recommendations
- Staff development:
- Develops orientation content for new direct care staff and residents regarding wound guidelines and program including procedures and policies.
- Collaborate in the development of department specific competencies and assist in providing ongoing education of clinical staff in the area of wound care through in services as assigned.
- Responsible for the ongoing development and training for the Unit Based Skin Champions
- Develops and implements annual quality goals and improvement plans. Maintains department performance dashboard.
- Creates annual program report for Quality committee and CARF.
- Performs root cause analysis, in collaboration with nurse manager and quality representative, for all hospital acquired pressure injuries.
- Coordinates and reports to NDNQI the quarterly skin survey.
- Human Resources:
- Coordinates with NM Human Resources to maintain positive employee relations and strives to make NM/Marianjoy an employer of choice by ensuring that employee questions and concerns are addressed responsively.
- Ensures compliance with laws and regulations and adherence to NM HR policies and procedures.
- Administers performance management programs for employees and provides on-going feedback and coaching on job performance, competencies, values-based behaviors and developmental needs.
- Compliance and Privacy:
- Ensures that policies and procedures of regarding corporate compliance and privacy of patient and associate information are observed.
- Models professional confidentiality and discretion in all communications and exchanges of information.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or Physical Therapy or Occupational Therapy
- Current Illinois RN license or PT license, or OT license
- Maintains current certifications: WCC, CWCN, CWON, WOCN, CWCA, or CSW
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Master’s degree in Nursing, Physical Therapy or Occupational Therapy
- 3 to 4 years of previous rehabilitation experience
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Immediate Care Technician - ICC Lincoln Square (Full time/Day) Chicago, Illinois
- Certified Nursing Assistant - PH Emergency Room, Part-time, Nights Palos Heights, Illinois
- Health Unit Coordinator -McHenry OB, Part Time, Days McHenry, Illinois
- Clinical/RN Value Analysis Manager, Full-Time, Days Chicago, Illinois,
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs