Staff Nurse - Regional Medical Group Family Medicine Part-Time DaysLocation Wheaton, Illinois Business Unit Regional Medical Group Job REQID 92007 Job Function Clinical Nurse Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $6,000 Student Loan Repayment ($3,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
Pay: Based on experience, starting at: $26.50 + per hour.
The Staff Nurse PhysGrp reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Staff Nurse is a clinically competent, registered, professional nurse who prescribes, delegates and coordinates nursing care to the acutely ill patient through the nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention, implementation and evaluation. The Staff Nurse effectively interacts with patient, significant others, and other health team members, while maintaining ANA standards of professional nursing practice. This role is also responsible for phone triage, abnormal test result delivery and corresponding care instructions.
- Performs all aspects of patient care by utilizing evidenced based practice in a manner which optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Follows the six medication rights and reduces the potential for medication errors, administering medications based on the age and clinical condition of the patient.
- States rationale for clinical decisions based on critical thinking.
- Assesses, analyzes, validates and integrates data to assess patients' physical psychosocial, rehab, safety, learning, spiritual, cultural, age-specific, special risk and self-care needs.
- Identifies patient care needs, problems and variances. Identifies patient care needs, problems and variances and incorporates into care plan.
- Identifies the patient's learning needs, abilities, preferences and readiness; also, identifies support systems, coping mechanisms and barriers to learning.
- Explains procedures, therapies and treatments to patient and family, evaluates and documents patient and family response to teaching.
- Uses appropriate resources to provide education.
- Involves patient/family in the formation of the plan of care.
- Develops, implements and updates an individualized plan of care based on identified patient care needs. Includes nursing, teaching, continuum of care and discharge planning.
- Adequately assesses and reassesses pain. Utilizes appropriate pain management techniques. Educates the patient and family regarding pain management.
- Identifies and uses the results of quality improvement activities to initiate changes in nursing practice and in the healthcare delivery system.
- Participates in shared governance, committee work, and practice/department projects.
- Current experience (within past five years) or new nursing graduate (within past two
- Licensed Registered Nurse in Illinois
- CPR – Basic Life Support
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- One year experience in pertinent clinical specialty
- Proficiency in second language
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Nursing CareersSearch Now
Check out our benefitsRead More
Information Services CareersRead More