Staff Nurse Inpatient - Marianjoy, Part Time, EveningsLocation Wheaton, Illinois Business Unit Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital Job REQID 8120 Job Function Clinical Nurse Shift Evening Job (2nd) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
Two West, a twenty-nine bed unit, is the location of Marianjoy’s neuromuscular program but also provides care for a wide variety of high acuity patients including transplant, LVAD, and oncology patients. Our rehabilitation team is comprised of physicians, resident physicians, nurses, therapists and nursing assistants working together to provide exceptional care for this acute population of adults eighteen and older. The variety of patients on the unit provides the opportunity for nurses to advance their skills and offers a fast-paced, team-oriented experience similar to that of a Medical Surgical Unit in a Rehabilitation Hospital setting.
Responsible for the complete nursing process, which includes assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation, teaching, evaluation and documentation of patient care from a patient’s admission through discharge. Integrates contributions of interdisciplinary team to assure best possible outcomes are achieved. Supervises and maintains a professional relationship with licensed and unlicensed assistive personnel. Clinical Practice: Utilizes the nursing process to provide coordinated patient care. Delivers holistic care by demonstrating involvement of the patient and their family in a plan of care that is culturally sensitive. Adheres to hospital and nursing department philosophies and policies. Utilizes the documentation system to accurately reflect patient care planned for and delivered, as per policy and protocol. Applies current technology, competencies and theory in the delivery of care. Utilizes the documentation system to accurately reflect interventions delivered as per policy and procedure.
- Current Illinois RN license.
- BLS CPR certification through American Heart Association.
- ADN RN or higher nursing degree (i.e. BSN) or signed learning agreement required upon hire.
- Analytical skills necessary to assess a patient's condition and utilize the nursing process and professional judgment in providing comprehensive patient care.
- Ability to interact with patients, families, medical personnel and other members of the health care team.
- Ability to perform effectively and efficiently in stressful, urgent situations.
- Cognizant of customer needs related to culture, age, developmental level and diagnoses.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelors degree.
- Previous rehabilitation nursing work experience.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Clinical Quality Documentation Specialist, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Quality Utilization Specialist, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Social Worker (Transitional Care), Full Time Days Lake Forest, Illinois
- Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist, Full-time, Days Lake Forest, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs