Staff Nurse IHR - Marianjoy, 3 West Registry RNLocation Wheaton, Illinois Business Unit Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital Job REQID 12047 Job Function Clinical Nurse Shift Rotating Apply Now
Three West, a sixteen-bed unit is the location of our inpatient pediatric and general rehabilitation programs. Our rehabilitation team is comprised of physicians, advanced practice nurses, therapists, nurses and nursing assistants working together to provide exceptional care of our pediatric and adult patients. Within the constructs of the unit, our pediatric patients have a designated location where we can meet their age specific needs. It is in this environment that we care for children from infant to eighteen with varying diagnosis including orthopedic with multi-trauma, cerebral palsy, traumatic brain injury, and oncology. The adult populations served on this unit include orthopedic/musculoskeletal, non-traumatic spinal cord, stroke and neuromuscular diagnosis. The diversity of our patients’ ages and diagnoses provides an outstanding opportunity to enhance your clinical skills and develop professionally.
6 Shifts every 6 Weeks, including 1 weekend day and 1 Holiday per year.
Responsible for the complete nursing process, which includes assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation, teaching, evaluation and documentation of patient care from a patient’s admission through discharge. Integrates contributions of interdisciplinary team to assure best possible outcomes are achieved. Supervises and maintains a professional relationship with licensed and unlicensed assistive personnel. Clinical Practice: Utilizes the nursing process to provide coordinated patient care. Delivers holistic care by demonstrating involvement of the patient and their family in a plan of care that is culturally sensitive. Adheres to hospital and nursing department philosophies and policies. Utilizes the documentation system to accurately reflect patient care planned for and delivered, as per policy and protocol. Applies current technology, competencies and theory in the delivery of care. Utilizes the documentation system to accurately reflect interventions delivered as per policy and procedure.
- Associate's degree: Nursing degree from an accredited school of nursing
- Current Illinois RN license.
- Maintains current CPR certification
- Analytical skills necessary to assess a patients condition and utilize the nursing process and professional judgment in providing comprehensive patient care are required.
- Ability to interact with patients, families, medical personnel and other members of the health care team.
- Ability to perform effectively and efficiently in stressful, urgent situations.
- Cognizant of customer needs related to culture, age, developmental level and diagnoses.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous rehabilitation nursing work experience
Equal OpportunityNorthwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Patient Services Rep- Regional Medical Group Pediatrics- Part-Time, Days South Elgin, Illinois
- Food Service Worker - Kish Food & Nutrition Services, Full-time, Rotating, $2,000 Sign-on Bonus DeKalb, Illinois
- Patient Service Representative - Cardiology, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Department Secretary - Outpatient Rehabilitation, Full-time, Rotating Sycamore, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs