Staff Nurse Inpatient - Marianjoy, 2 East, $1,500 Sign on Bonus, Part Time NightsLocation Wheaton, Illinois Business Unit Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital Job REQID 33670 Job Function Clinical Nurse Shift Night Job (3rd) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital’s Brain Injury Unit, located on Two East, has twenty-one total beds ten of which are available to serve the needs of patients that require a secured, low-stimulation environment. This unit provides inpatient brain injury rehabilitation to more patients with traumatic and non-traumatic brain injury than any other facility in Illinois and is the only inpatient brain injury rehabilitation program in the Chicago area accredited by CARF (Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities). Our nursing team works in close collaboration with all members of the interdisciplinary team comprised of physicians who are board-certified in brain injury rehabilitation, therapists, psychologists, pharmacists, case managers, dietitians and chaplains to provide comprehensive care. The complexity of patients on the unit provides an opportunity for advancement of clinical skills and professional growth and development.
24 Hours/Week, 6:30P - 7:00A
Responsible for the complete nursing process, which includes assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation, teaching, evaluation and documentation of patient care from a patient’s admission through discharge. Integrates contributions of interdisciplinary team to assure best possible outcomes are achieved. Supervises and maintains a professional relationship with licensed and unlicensed assistive personnel. Clinical Practice: Utilizes the nursing process to provide coordinated patient care. Delivers holistic care by demonstrating involvement of the patient and their family in a plan of care that is culturally sensitive. Adheres to hospital and nursing department philosophies and policies. Utilizes the documentation system to accurately reflect patient care planned for and delivered, as per policy and protocol. Applies current technology, competencies and theory in the delivery of care. Utilizes the documentation system to accurately reflect interventions delivered as per policy and procedure.
- Current Illinois RN license.
- BLS CPR certification through American Heart Association.
- ADN or higher nursing degree (i.e. BSN) or signed learning agreement required upon hire.
- Analytical skills necessary to assess a patient's condition and utilize the nursing process and professional judgment in providing comprehensive patient care.
- Ability to interact with patients, families, medical personnel and other members of the health care team.
- Ability to perform effectively and efficiently in stressful, urgent situations.
- Cognizant of customer needs related to culture, age, developmental level and diagnoses.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelors degree.
- Previous rehabilitation nursing work experience.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Telemetry Monitor Technician- Central Telemetry, Full time, Day Shift Chicago, Illinois
- Telemetry Monitor Technician -Central Telemetry, Full time, Day Chicago, Illinois
- Telemetry Monitor Technician-Central Telemetry, Full time, Nights Chicago, Illinois
- Telemetry Monitor Technician- Central Telemetry- Full time, Day shift Chicago, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs