Staff Nurse IHR - Marianjoy, 1 East Unit Registry NurseLocation Wheaton, Illinois Business Unit Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital Job REQID REF26106F Job Function Clinical Nurse Shift Not Applicable Apply Now
One East, a twenty-six bed unit, is the location of our Stroke Rehabilitation Program which provides specialized care in a supportive and compassionate environment. Our multidisciplinary team is comprised of physicians who are board-certified in stroke rehabilitation, nurses, therapists, nursing assistants, psychologists, dietitians and chaplains. Our Nursing goal is to focus on our patients’ comprehensive treatment plans and help them in regaining the highest level of function, mobility and independence to prepare them for when they return home. We work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment and our unit recently received the Illinois Hospital Association Quality Excellence Achievement Award!
6 Shifts in 6 Weeks, 1 Weekend Day, 1 Holiday per year
Responsible for the complete nursing process, which includes assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation, teaching, evaluation and documentation of patient care from a patient’s admission through discharge. Integrates contributions of interdisciplinary team to assure best possible outcomes are achieved. Supervises and maintains a professional relationship with licensed and unlicensed assistive personnel. Clinical Practice: Utilizes the nursing process to provide coordinated patient care. Delivers holistic care by demonstrating involvement of the patient and their family in a plan of care that is culturally sensitive. Adheres to hospital and nursing department philosophies and policies. Utilizes the documentation system to accurately reflect patient care planned for and delivered, as per policy and protocol. Applies current technology, competencies and theory in the delivery of care. Utilizes the documentation system to accurately reflect interventions delivered as per policy and procedure.
- Associate's degree: Nursing degree from an accredited school of nursing
- Current Illinois RN license.
- Maintains current CPR certification
- Analytical skills necessary to assess a patients condition and utilize the nursing process and professional judgment in providing comprehensive patient care are required.
- Ability to interact with patients, families, medical personnel and other members of the health care team.
- Ability to perform effectively and efficiently in stressful, urgent situations.
- Cognizant of customer needs related to culture, age, developmental level and diagnoses.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous rehabilitation nursing work experience
Equal OpportunityNorthwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Telemetry Monitor Technician- Central Telemetry, Full time, Day Shift Chicago, Illinois
- Telemetry Monitor Technician -Central Telemetry, Full time, Day Chicago, Illinois
- Telemetry Monitor Technician-Central Telemetry, Full time, Nights Chicago, Illinois
- Telemetry Monitor Technician- Central Telemetry- Full time, Day shift Chicago, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs