RN Inpatient - Marianjoy, 3 West, 24 Hours/Week, 2:30PM - 11:00PMWheaton, Illinois Job REQID 1743 Job Function Clinical Nurse Shift Evening Job (2nd) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
Three West, a sixteen-bed unit, is the location of our inpatient pediatric and musculoskeletal programs. Our rehabilitation team is comprised of physicians, therapists, nurses and nursing assistants working together as a team to provide exceptional care of our pediatric and adult patients. Within the constructs of the unit, our pediatric patients have a designated location where we can meet their age specific needs. It is in this environment that we care for children from infant to eighteen with varying diagnosis including orthopedic with multi-trauma, cerebral palsy, traumatic brain injury and oncology. The adult section of the unit is comprised of patients with orthopedic/musculoskeletal diagnosis e.g. hip fractures and revisions, amputees and non-traumatic spinal injuries. The diversity of the unit based on age and diagnosis provides an outstanding opportunity to enhance your clinical skills and develop professionally.
Responsible for the complete nursing process, which includes assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation, teaching, evaluation and documentation of patient care from a patient’s admission through discharge. Integrates contributions of interdisciplinary team to assure best possible outcomes are achieved. Supervises and maintains a professional relationship with licensed and unlicensed assistive personnel. Clinical Practice: Utilizes the nursing process to provide coordinated patient care. Delivers holistic care by demonstrating involvement of the patient and their family in a plan of care that is culturally sensitive. Adheres to hospital and nursing department philosophies and policies. Utilizes the documentation system to accurately reflect patient care planned for and delivered, as per policy and protocol. Applies current technology, competencies and theory in the delivery of care. Utilizes the documentation system to accurately reflect interventions delivered as per policy and procedure.
- Current Illinois RN license.
- BLS CPR certification through American Heart Association.
- ADN RN or higher nursing degree (i.e. BSN) or signed learning agreement required upon hire.
- Analytical skills necessary to assess a patient's condition and utilize the nursing process and professional judgment in providing comprehensive patient care.
- Ability to interact with patients, families, medical personnel and other members of the health care team.
- Ability to perform effectively and efficiently in stressful, urgent situations.
- Cognizant of customer needs related to culture, age, developmental level and diagnoses.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelors degree.
- Previous rehabilitation nursing work experience.
- Psychiatrist - Consult Liaison - Central DuPage Hospital - Winfield, IL Winfield, Illinois
- Phlebotomist-FLOAT - HealthLab, Full-time, Days (BS) Chicago, Illinois
- Physical Therapist Assistant - Marianjoy, Peds, 40 Hours/Week, Days Wheaton, Illinois
- Registry Occupational Therapist - Acute Rehabilitation/Wellness, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs