Research Scientist and Consultant - Marianjoy, Part Time, DaysLocation Wheaton, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 26007 Job Function Research Shift Rotating Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Research Scientist and Consultant reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Research Scientist and Consultant is responsible for maintaining an active research agenda and providing leadership, education and professional development support to the Marianjoy PMR Residency program for research related activities.
- Provides overall support for research related activities for the Marianjoy PMR Medical Residency program. This includes providing administrative/ educational leadership and clinical direction for the development of new / novice researchers through the PMR Residency program. Research support may include PMR faculty members, PMR medical residents, other medical staff, nursing, and allied health associates who are conducting research in conjunction with the Marianjoy PMR Medical Residency program.
- Provides training and mentoring of researchers involved with the PMR Residency program.
- Maintains a research agenda in specialty area that includes development of research projects involving faculty and medical residences of the Marianjoy PMR Residency program.
- Oversees professional development of new / novice researchers with study start-up, protocol development, implementation, statistical analysis, and dissemination of research activities in a manner that is productive and collaborative.
- Develops grants to secure external funding for hospital research projects.
- Provides, in conjunction with the Program Director of the Residency program, oversight, development, and implementation of the Marianjoy PMR Residency Program Research Plan designed to ensure all research-related activities are properly resourced, managed, executed within budget and in accordance with established timelines and quality standards.
- Applies standard management methodologies for a particular assigned area.
- Utilizes project management tools to ensure accuracy for planning, procurement and budgeting for assigned area(s).
- Provides analysis of research activities, data, and current literature to determine / provides appropriate direction for the research agenda with the Marianjoy PMR Residency program.
- Ensures appropriate methodologies to collect patient / human subject information for a research project, database and/or protocol.
- Provides feedback regarding regulatory compliance to ensure appropriate institutional, state, and federal regulations are followed throughout the course of a research project, database, or protocol. Ensures that research protocols are approved by the Institutional Review Board/Privacy Board (IRB/PB) and followed as written.
- Assists and directs researchers with the submissions to the applicable IRB; study protocol applications, amendments and continuing reviews, and safety reporting.
- Assures that policies /procedures of the institution are communicated to staff formally and informally by written and/or verbal means.
- Performs all other functions as related to this job and assigned.
- Master’s degree in a healthcare related field.
- Seven to 10 years of experience in conducting research; successful record of securing external grant research funding; national presentations at academic conferences, and successful record of research publications.
- Must be able to independently conduct research and has served in the principal investigator role
- Must have a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the regulations pertaining to human subject protection (including 21 CFR and 45 CFR 46 of the United States Code of Federal Regulations) and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple assignments in a fast-paced work environment. Identify issues proactively and follow through to completion.
- Ability to organize and takes initiative when indicated.
- Ability to effectively interact with a variety of individuals including internal and external staff.
- Proficient in the required computer skills including the ability to work with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and ability to attain knowledge of other programs as needed
- Terminal degree (e.g., PhD) in clinical discipline, health services, health education, or research administration.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Registered Nurse- PH Perinatal, Casual, Nights Palos Heights, Illinois
- Registered Nurse - PH Oncology -Sg4 North - Part-Time, Days - Sign On-Bonus Eligible Palos Heights, Illinois
- Registered Nurse - PH Med Surg Hp3, Full-Time Days - Sign On Bonus Eligible Palos Heights, Illinois
- Registered Nurse - PH Med Surg Hp3, Full-Time, Days, - Sign On Bonus Eligible Palos Heights, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs