Registered Nurse Wound Care Certified Marianjoy Full Time Rotating ShiftsLocation Wheaton, Illinois Business Unit Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital Job REQID 117023 Job Function Nursing Coordinator Shift Rotating Apply Now
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $10,000 Student Loan Repayment ($5,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
Pay: Based on experience, starting at: $35.00 + per hour.
Monday through Friday, Days/Evenings, Saturdays on rotation
Must have Wound Care Certification: WCC, CWCN, CWON or WOCN
The RN – Wound Care Certified Nurse reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Wound Care Certified Nurse provides consultation and direct assistance to the health care provider in the management of patients with or at risk for; altered skin integrity including complicated wounds, pressure injuries, incontinence, and ongoing ostomy management. Assists staff in maintaining current knowledge and competence in above area.
- Demonstrates expertise in the delivery of daily care, providing collaboration, direction, and coaching to members of the interdisciplinary team in the application and utilization of best practices in wound care delivery and hospital protocols.
- Provides consultative services in planning, development, and delivery of wound care needs.
- Assists clinicians with direct patient care for the prevention and treatment of existing or potential skin breakdown in accordance with the wound care certified scope of practice and organizational policies.
- Collaborates with members of the interdisciplinary and medical teams to develop, implement and evaluate plans of care to optimize healing.
- Partners with the Referral Liaisons and Nursing Leadership Team to ensure a smooth transition of care for patients with complex wounds admitted to this level of care from acute facility.
- Acts as a resource to staff in assessment of patient/family needs based upon expert knowledge of the skin/wound/ostomy issues and anticipation of health education and discharge planning.
- Formulates individualized treatment plans for patients/families with complex skin/wound/ostomy care needs based upon knowledge of patient populations and rehabilitation needs.
- Assists professional nurses and case managers with planning for continuity of wound care post discharge.
- Documents assessments and recommendations for wound/ostomy care as appropriate in the medical record.
- Partners with referring physicians, vendors, and purchasing to develop and maintain wound care product formulary appropriate for this level of care.
- Provides education to new associates and resident physicians regarding wound care guidelines in formal and informal educational offerings. This includes annual education, and new associate orientation.
- Partners with Education Department and Unit Based Skin Champions (UBSC's) in the development of patient educational material. Participates in writing and updating policies, procedures and teaching documents related to complex wound management.
- Provides quarterly education and development of staff level resources, UBSC's.
Quality & Compliance:
- Leads Quality Improvement Initiatives for wound care including pressure injuries incidence and surveillance, quarterly pressure injuries prevalence studies, new or worsening pressure injuries, and other skin related incidents.
- Reviews data on new and/or worsening pressure injuries for submission to our regulatory bodies.
- Partners with the Nursing Unit Managers to identify and resolve issues related to patient care.
- Licensed as a professional nurse in the state of Illinois.
- Bachelors Degree
- Maintains current certifications: WCC, CWCN, CWON or WOCN.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Certification in area of specialty.
- 3-4 years - previous rehabilitation nursing work experience is preferred.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs