Registered Nurse Stroke Brain Injury-Spinal Cord-Peds-Neuro-Musculoskeletal-OrthoLocation Wheaton, Illinois Business Unit Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital Job REQID EV42951K Job Function Clinical Nurse Shift Not Applicable Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $6,000 Student Loan Repayment ($3,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
The Staff Nurse Inpatient reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Responsible for the complete nursing process, which includes assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation, teaching, evaluation and documentation of patient care from a patients admission through discharge.
- Integrates contributions of interdisciplinary team to assure best possible outcomes are achieved.
- Supervises and maintains a professional relationship with licensed and unlicensed assistive personnel.
- Utilizes the nursing process to provide coordinated patient care.
- Delivers holistic care by demonstrating involvement of the patient and their family in a plan of care that is culturally sensitive.
- Adheres to hospital and nursing department philosophies and policies.
- Utilizes the documentation system to accurately reflect patient care planned for and delivered, as per policy and protocol.
- Applies current technology, competencies and theory in the delivery of care.
- Utilizes the documentation system to accurately reflect interventions delivered as per policy and protocol.
- Participates in meeting patient care needs which will ultimately improve team effectiveness.
- Assumes leadership role with healthcare team members to provide patient care.
- Directs patient care activities and delegates to other staff members appropriate activities in accordance with job description of those staff members.
- Assures quality of patient care by seeking counsel/collaboration with personnel who have specialized level of skill.
- Works effectively with the interprofessional team to reinforce, collaborate and have goal directed interactions.
Evaluation and Delivery of Care:
- Evaluates patient status and provides appropriate goal setting.
- Applies evidence based practice to care delivery.
- Improves patient care and/or hospital systems by utilizing quality measurement improvement data.
Infection Control/Patient Safety:
- Contributes to the safe, effective and professional delivery of care including use of safety/restrictive devices.
- Follows Infection Control policies and procedures.
- Maintains knowledge of policies concerning precautions, codes, conditions, warning and general safety procedures.
- Communicates effectively with patients and care givers at levels appropriate to their age, cognitive status and language abilities and informs them of necessary information related to their diagnoses, functional level and discharge instructions.
- Communicates patient care needs including change of status, using SBAR, to Medical Staff and members of the interdisciplinary team with an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Appropriately uses chain of command.
- Participates in team conferences and professional and organization meetings.
Adaptability and Flexibility:
- Rotates to all units based on patient care needs.
- Adjusts to changes in policy and procedure, unit and patient populations.
- Complies with CE requirement for license renewal as determined by the State of Illinois.
- Participates in educational activities offered.
- Attends outside continuing education workshops and shares knowledge obtained with interprofessional team and applies new information in practice.
- Current Illinois RN license.
- BLS CPR certification through American Heart Association.
- ADN or higher nursing degree (i.e. BSN) or signed learning agreement required upon hire.
- Analytical skills necessary to assess a patient's condition and utilize the nursing process and professional judgment in providing comprehensive patient care.
- Ability to interact with patients, families, medical personnel and other members of the health care team.
- Ability to perform effectively and efficiently in stressful, urgent situations.
- Cognizant of customer needs related to culture, age, developmental level and diagnoses.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelors degree.
- Previous rehabilitation nursing work experience.
Equal OpportunityNorthwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs