Registered Nurse Marianjoy Spinal Cord/Pediatrics All Shifts and Hours Sign On Bonus VariesLocation Wheaton, Illinois Business Unit Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital Job REQID EV43206Z Job Function Clinical Nurse Shift Not Applicable Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
View this video to learn more from the heroes that work at Northwestern Medicine.
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $6,000 Student Loan Repayment ($3,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
Three West, a sixteen-bed unit is the location of our Inpatient Pediatric and Spinal Cord Injury rehabilitation programs. Our rehabilitation team is comprised of physicians, advanced practice nurses, therapists, nurses and nursing assistants working together to provide exceptional care of our pediatric and adult patients. Within the constructs of the unit, our pediatric patients have a designated location where we can meet their age specific needs. It is in this environment that we care for children from infant to eighteen with varying diagnosis including orthopedic with multi-trauma, cerebral palsy, traumatic brain injury, and oncology. The Spinal Cord program specializes in the treatment of individuals diagnosed with traumatic and non-traumatic spinal cord injuries, tetraplegia, paraplegia and musculoskeletal injuries. Our team has many educational opportunities to advance skills in spinal cord injury and rehabilitation while working in a multidisciplinary environment to safely care for patients with spinal cord injuries with the use of safe patient handling equipment. The diversity of our patients’ ages and diagnoses provides an outstanding opportunity to enhance clinical skills and develop professionally.
*Opportunities for current students, New Grads, and Experienced professionals!
**Up to $3,000 in Sign-on Bonuses for Nurse roles. Conditions vary; inquire for more information.
- Full-time, Part-time and Casual/Reserve
- 8 hour shift at 6:30 am - 3:00 pm
- 12 hour shift at 6:30 am - 7:00 pm
- 8 hour shift at 2:30 pm - 11:00 pm
- 8 hour shift at 10:30 pm - 7:00 am
- 12 hour shift at 6:30 pm - 7:00 am
Responsible for the complete nursing process, which includes assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation, teaching, evaluation and documentation of patient care from a patient’s admission through discharge. Integrates contributions of interdisciplinary team to assure best possible outcomes are achieved. Supervises and maintains a professional relationship with licensed and unlicensed assistive personnel. Clinical Practice: Utilizes the nursing process to provide coordinated patient care. Delivers holistic care by demonstrating involvement of the patient and their family in a plan of care that is culturally sensitive. Adheres to hospital and nursing department philosophies and policies. Utilizes the documentation system to accurately reflect patient care planned for and delivered, as per policy and protocol. Applies current technology, competencies and theory in the delivery of care. Utilizes the documentation system to accurately reflect interventions delivered as per policy and procedure.
- Current Illinois RN license.
- BLS CPR certification through American Heart Association.
- ADN or higher nursing degree (i.e. BSN) or signed learning agreement required upon hire.
- Analytical skills necessary to assess a patient's condition and utilize the nursing process and professional judgment in providing comprehensive patient care.
- Ability to interact with patients, families, medical personnel and other members of the health care team.
- Ability to perform effectively and efficiently in stressful, urgent situations.
- Cognizant of customer needs related to culture, age, developmental level and diagnoses.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelors degree.
- Previous rehabilitation nursing work experience.
Equal OpportunityNorthwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs