Physical Therapist In House RegistryLocation Wheaton, Illinois Business Unit Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital Job REQID 41465 Job Function Rehabilitation/Wellness Shift Day Job (1st) Pay rates are dependent upon experience. The minimum starting hourly rate for this position is 36.78 Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Physical Therapist reflects the mission, vision, and values of NMHC, adheres to the organizations Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Physical Therapist provides safe and effective physical therapy services including the evaluation of functional performance ability of persons impaired by physical illness or injury, congenital or developmental disability and/or the aging process. The Physical Therapist evaluates, analyzes, selects and applies goal directed interventions for the treatment or prevention of these impairments/functional limitations in order to achieve maximum independence. The Physical Therapist has the ultimate responsibility for the provision of services including the supervision of physical therapy support personnel. This is an On-Call/PRN position with opportunities to work at any of our network locations, which include Wheaton, Downers Grove, Palos Heights, Elmhurst, Homer Glen, and Oak Brook Terrace.
- Completes documentation per hospital policy and submits charges in a timely manner.
- Assumes responsibility and accountability for a group of patients and provides physical therapy evaluations, modalities and treatments in accordance with established hospital and departmental policies and procedures, maintaining the highest degree of quality patient care.
- Selects, administers, and adapts the content of patient evaluations according to the APTA Standards of Practice.
- Interprets evaluation results to identify patient strengths, impairments, and functional limitations.
- Establishes functional, objective and measurable goals in accordance with the patient's level of function, age, length of stay and discharge disposition.
- Assumes responsibility and accountability for the care of those patients being treated by physical therapist assistants and students.
- Reevaluates the patient continually, and modifies or discontinues the plan of care accordingly.
- Appropriately selects, applies, and modifies treatment interventions to ensure achievement of treatment goals and provides patient/family teaching.
- Terminates service when maximum benefit is achieved, completes a comprehensive discharge plan based on age, diagnosis, support, cultural background, physical and cognitive strengths and limitations, and goal attainment.
- Collaborates with Physical Therapy Assistants as per APTA Standards of Practice.
- Makes appropriate and judicious use of doubled, grouped, and/or joint treatment sessions.
- Maintains productivity level of direct patient care, as outlined by Marianjoy policy.
- Maintains treatment area, equipment and supply inventory.
- Schedules and prioritizes workload.
- Carries out other duties and assignments as delegated by the director or manager.
- Flexible with their schedule to meet patient care and team needs.
- Delivers services consistent with the mission, vision, and values of NM.
- Maintains confidentiality and respects the rights and dignity of all individuals.
- Complies with current APTA Code of Ethics and state licensure laws.
- Maintains knowledge of policies and procedures concerning precautions, codes, conditions and general safety.
- Based on patients cognitive, physical, age and functional limitations utilizes safe and appropriate guarding techniques and assistive/adaptive devices.
- Maintains a safe work environment.
- Documents on an ongoing basis all services provided, patient response to services and changes in status relative to the plan of care in a complete, accurate and timely manner.
- Participates in patient related conferences as needed.
- Assumes responsibility for own professional growth by participating in both internal and external educational events, including integration of best practices into clinical practice.
- Ensures completion of all mandatory education requirements, including CPR certification in a timely and efficient manner.
- Contributes to cost effectiveness of services and programs provided by the departments.
- Delivers services consistent with NM's Mission and Philosophy.
- Demonstrates a visible working style, acts in a manner that is consistent with and shows commitment to NM Values.
- Maintains patient confidentiality and respects the rights and dignity of all individuals.
- Communicates effectively, both verbally and non-verbally, with team members. patients and care givers at levels appropriate to their age, cognitive status and language abilities and informs them of necessary information related to program goals, activities, diagnosis and outcomes to facilitate collaboration within the program team and with the other clinical program teams.
- Interacts and practices in collaboration with a variety of professionals.
- Communicates suggestions related to opportunities for improvement and maintaining positive relations with all customers.
- Maintains open communication with the Manager regarding availability and organization growth opportunities.
- 3 years of experience in an inpatient rehabilitation and/or subacute program.
- Maintains an active Illinois therapy license to practice.
- Maintains current CPR certification.
Hours/Schedule: IHR (In House Registry) to cover PTO, Leave, or Schedule gaps. Expectation 192 -hours in a year, which includes 4-weekend days per quarter and 2-holidays. But can also accommodate weekday availability.
*Not a benefited position.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs