Patient Care Technician - Marianjoy, In House Registry DaysLocation Wheaton, Illinois Business Unit Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital Job REQID 38369 Job Function Patient Support Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital’s Nursing Resource team provides coverage for all six units of the hospital including Stroke, Spinal Cord, Brain Injury, Neuromuscular and our Skilled Nursing Unit. This team offers both flexibility of scheduling and heightened professional growth and development. These roles as Nurses and Patient Care Techs allow the individual to build confidence, develop excellent customer service skills, sharpen their assessment skills and learn how to easily adapt to any situation or patient diagnosis while navigating different teams within the hospital Rehabilitation setting.
The Patient Care Techreflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards. Assists patients with activities of daily living, provides basic nursing care to non-critically ill patients and assists in maintenance of a safe and clean environment under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse in charge of the team and/or unit. Reinforces teaching previously taught by RN.
- Nursing student who have completed two clinical rotations
- If not a nursing student, need one of the following: Certified Nursing Experience, Medical Assistant, EMT, or Paramedic
- CPR – Basic Life Support
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Phlebotomy experience
- Graduate of an accredited Nursing Assistant program or Graduate of Phlebotomy course
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Nurse Clinician - Digestive Health Clinic, Full-Time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Cook I - West Region - Central DuPage Hospital, Part-time Winfield, Illinois
- Certified Nursing Assistant - PH Psychiatric, Part-Time, Nights Palos Heights, Illinois
- Patient Care Technician - Delnor Medical/Surgical, Full Time, Nights - $2,000 Sign on Bonus! Geneva, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs