Patient Care Tech - Marianjoy, Spinal Cord, $1,000 Sign on Bonus, Part Time NightsLocation Wheaton, Illinois Business Unit Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital Job REQID 33953 Job Function Patient Support Shift Night Job (3rd) Apply Now
View this video to learn more from the heroes that work at Northwestern Medicine.
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
Three East is the Spinal Cord Unit, specializing in the treatment of individuals diagnosed with traumatic and non-traumatic spinal cord injuries, tetraplegia, paraplegia and musculoskeletal injuries. Our nursing team works in close collaboration with all members of the multidisciplinary team comprised of physicians who are board-certified in physical medicine and rehabilitation, resident physicians, therapists, nursing assistants, psychologists, dieticians and case managers to provide supportive, compassionate care to adult patients. Our team has many educational opportunities to advance skills in spinal cord injury and rehabilitation while working in a multidisciplinary environment to safely care for patients with spinal cord injuries with the use of safe patient handling equipment.
$1,000 Sign on Bonus (internal transfers and rehires of less than a year are not eligible)
24 Hours/Week, 10:30P - 7:00A, every other weekend
The Patient Care Techreflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards. Assists patients with activities of daily living, provides basic nursing care to non-critically ill patients and assists in maintenance of a safe and clean environment under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse in charge of the team and/or unit. Reinforces teaching previously taught by RN.
- High school or equivalent (GED)
- Current Nursing Assistant certification (C.N.A.) or current enrollment in an RN Nursing Program, with the successful completion of two clinical rotations
- Maintains current CPR certification
- Basic math skills
- Ability to communicate with a wide variety of people and provide highest level of customer service
- Understanding and support of Northwestern Medicine’s Mission and Values
- Flexibility and ability to manage work in a changing environment
- 12 lead EKG competency completed within 6 months of employment
- 2-5 years of work experience is preferred in a rehabilitation hospital, acute care hospital or skilled nursing facility.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Medical Assistant- RMG Rheumatology, Full-Time, Days [$2,000 Sign-On Bonus] Warrenville, Illinois
- Staff Nurse, License Pending – ICU, Full-Time, Nights Lake Forest, Illinois
- Immediate Care Technician, River North, Full-time, Days **$2000 sign-on bonus Chicago, Illinois
- Housekeeping Assistant I, Fulltime, Evening Palos Heights, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs