Patient Care Tech Marianjoy Neuromuscular Unit All Shifts and Hours Sign On Bonus VariesLocation Wheaton, Illinois Business Unit Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital Job REQID EV41787Q Job Function Patient Support Shift Not Applicable Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
View this video to learn more from the heroes that work at Northwestern Medicine.
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $6,000 Student Loan Repayment ($3,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
Two West is a twenty-eight-bed unit specializing in the rehabilitation of neuromuscular conditions as well as a wide variety of high acuity patients including, but not limited to transplant, LVAD, wound/burn care and oncology patients. Our rehabilitation team is comprised of physicians, resident physicians, nurses, therapists and nursing assistants working together to provide exceptional care for this acute population of adults eighteen and older. The variety of patients on the unit provides the opportunity for nurses to advance their skills and offers a fast-paced, team-oriented experience similar to that of a Medical Surgical Unit in a Rehabilitation Hospital setting.
*Opportunities for current students, New Grads, and Experienced professionals!
**Up to $2,000 in Sign-on Bonuses for PCT roles. Conditions vary; inquire for more information.
- Full-time, Part-time and Casual/Reserve
- 8 hour shift at 6:30 am - 3:00 pm
- 12 hour shift at 6:30 am - 7:00 pm
- 8 hour shift at 2:30 pm - 11:00 pm
- 8 hour shift at 10:30 pm - 7:00 am
- 12 hour shift at 6:30 pm - 7:00 am
The Patient Care Tech reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards. Assists patients with activities of daily living, provides basic nursing care to non-critically ill patients and assists in maintenance of a safe and clean environment under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse in charge of the team and/or unit. Reinforces teaching previously taught by RN.
- High school or equivalent (GED)
- Current Nursing Assistant certification (C.N.A.) or current enrollment in an RN Nursing Program, with the successful completion of two clinical rotations
- Maintains current CPR certification
- Basic math skills
- Ability to communicate with a wide variety of people and provide highest level of customer service
- Understanding and support of Northwestern Medicine’s Mission and Values
- Flexibility and ability to manage work in a changing environment
- 12 lead EKG competency completed within 6 months of employment
- 2-5 years of work experience is preferred in a rehabilitation hospital, acute care hospital or skilled nursing facility.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs