Patient Care Tech - Marianjoy, Continual Visual Monitoring, $2,000 Sign on Bonus, Full Time DaysLocation Wheaton, Illinois Business Unit Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital Job REQID 29927 Job Function Patient Support Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital, part of Northwestern Medicine, is a 127-bed teaching hospital located in Wheaton, Illinois dedicated to the delivery of physical medicine and rehabilitation. Marianjoy offers specialty programs for adult and pediatric patients recovering from illness or who require intensive therapy to regain their function and independence. Marianjoy rehabilitation programs include care for brain injury, spinal cord, orthopedic/musculoskeletal, stroke and neuromuscular. Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital is recognized by the Joint Commission for the hospital and stroke program. In addition, Marianjoy is also accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) for our hospital programs, pain and brain injury.
*Internal staff are ineligible for sign on bonus*
36 Hours/Week, 6:30A - 3:00P, including every other weekend
The Patient Care Techreflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards. Assists patients with activities of daily living, provides basic nursing care to non-critically ill patients and assists in maintenance of a safe and clean environment under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse in charge of the team and/or unit. Reinforces teaching previously taught by RN.
- High school or equivalent (GED)
- Current Nursing Assistant certification (C.N.A.) or current enrollment in an RN Nursing Program, with the successful completion of two clinical rotations
- Maintains current CPR certification
- Basic math skills
- Ability to communicate with a wide variety of people and provide highest level of customer service
- Understanding and support of Northwestern Medicine’s Mission and Values
- Flexibility and ability to manage work in a changing environment
- 12 lead EKG competency completed within 6 months of employment
- 2-5 years of work experience is preferred in a rehabilitation hospital, acute care hospital or skilled nursing facility.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Blood Gas Technician, Full-time, Evenings Chicago, Illinois
- Physical Therapist - Rehab (Outpatient), Full-time, Days Grayslake, Illinois
- Operations Coordinator (Technicians) - Ophthalmology, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Medical Laboratory Scientist - Point Of Care Testing, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs