Patient Care Tech - Marianjoy, 2 East, $2,000 Sign on Bonus, Full Time DaysLocation Wheaton, Illinois Business Unit Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital Job REQID 16430 Job Function Patient Support Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital’s Brain Injury Unit, located on Two East, has twenty-one total beds ten of which are available to serve the needs of patients that require a secured, low-stimulation environment. This unit provides inpatient brain injury rehabilitation to more patients with traumatic and non-traumatic brain injury than any other facility in Illinois and is the only inpatient brain injury rehabilitation program in the Chicago area accredited by CARF (Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities). Our nursing team works in close collaboration with all members of the interdisciplinary team comprised of physicians who are board-certified in brain injury rehabilitation, therapists, psychologists, pharmacists, case managers, dietitians and chaplains to provide comprehensive care. The complexity of patients on the unit provides an opportunity for advancement of clinical skills and professional growth and development.
36 Hours/Week, 6:30A - 7:00P
The Patient Care Techreflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards. Assists patients with activities of daily living, provides basic nursing care to non-critically ill patients and assists in maintenance of a safe and clean environment under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse in charge of the team and/or unit. Reinforces teaching previously taught by RN.
- High school or equivalent (GED)
- Current Nursing Assistant certification (C.N.A.) or current enrollment in an RN Nursing Program, with the successful completion of two clinical rotations
- Maintains current CPR certification
- Basic math skills
- Ability to communicate with a wide variety of people and provide highest level of customer service
- Understanding and support of Northwestern Medicine’s Mission and Values
- Flexibility and ability to manage work in a changing environment
- 12 lead EKG competency completed within 6 months of employment
- 2-5 years of work experience is preferred in a rehabilitation hospital, acute care hospital or skilled nursing facility.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Medical Assistant- RMG Allergy Winfield, Full-Time, Days [$2,000 Sign-On Bonus] Winfield, Illinois
- Nurse Clinician - Transcatheter Valve Publications Coordinator, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Medical Assistant - Urology, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Nursing House Supervisor - PH Nursing Management, Full-Time, Nights Palos Heights, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs