Occupational Therapist Assistant In House RegistryLocation Wheaton, Illinois Business Unit Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital Job REQID 54643 Job Function Rehabilitation/Wellness Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
A Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA/L) assists in the practice of occupational therapy under the supervision of a Registered Occupational Therapist. The Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant implements safe and effective occupational therapy services including the evaluation of functional performance ability of persons impaired by physical illness or injury, congenital or developmental disability and/or the aging process in collaboration/under the supervision of an Occupational Therapist. The Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant implements goal directed interventions for the treatment or prevention of these impairments/functional limitations to achieve maximum independence. In collaboration with OTR, interprets evaluation results to identify patient strengths and major deficient areas and establishes functional, measurable goals in accordance with patients level of function, age, length of stay and discharge disposition.
- Assists in the appropriate selection, application and modification of treatment intervention to insure achievement of treatment goals.
- Provides occupational therapy interventions; provides patient and family teaching and works cooperatively with other patient team personnel. These functions are carried out according to hospital policy in accordance with the mission and vision of the hospital and with the philosophy of the department.
- Collaborates with the Occupational Therapist to terminates services when maximum benefit is received. The Occupational Therapist completes a comprehensive discharge plan based on age, diagnosis, support, cultural background, physical and cognitive strengths and limitations.
- Makes appropriate and judicious use of doubled, group and/or joint treatment sessions.
- Maintains productivity level of direct patient care as outlined by policy.
- Maintains treatment area, equipment and supply inventory.
- Schedules and prioritizes workload.
- Communicates effectively with patients and care givers at levels appropriate to their age, cognitive status and language abilities.
- Participates in patient-related conferences, professional, and organization meetings as requested.
- Participates in the fieldwork education process by establishing a supportive environment while supervising Level I & II OTA students and/or Level I OT students.
- Seeks and provides education/instruction to facilitate professional growth.
- Assists in performance improvement and supports development activities.
- Contributes to cost effectiveness of services and programs provided by the department.
- Communicates suggestions related to opportunities for improvement and maintaining positive relations with all customers.
- Identifies professional strengths, areas of refinement and assumes responsibility for professional growth.
- Participates in continuing education opportunities offered.
- Rotates services assigned based on census at home/program site.
- Complies with and adjusts to policy and procedure changes.
- Supervises patients utilizing guarding techniques and safety devices appropriate to patients cognitive, physical and function.
- Maintains knowledge of policies concerning precautions, codes, conditions, warnings and general safety procedures.
- Delivers services consistent with the established Mission and Philosophy.
- Maintains patient confidentiality and respects the rights and dignity of all individuals.
- Demonstrates a visible working style, acts in a manner that is consistent with and shows commitment to the NM Values.
- Associate's degree in Occupational Therapy
- OTR/License (IL Occupational Therapy License)
- Current AHA BLS Provider certification
- NBCOT certification
Hours/Schedule: In Hours Registry to cover PTO, Leave, or Schedule gaps. Expectation is a weekly commitment of 1-2 shift, Days, Evenings, Weekends. But can pick up more days if employee chooses.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs