Nursing Manager - Brain Injury Unit, Full Time DaysLocation Wheaton, Illinois Business Unit Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital Job REQID 26575 Job Function Management-Nursing Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital’s Brain Injury Unit, located on Two East, has twenty-one total beds ten of which are available to serve the needs of patients that require a secured, low-stimulation environment. This unit provides inpatient brain injury rehabilitation to more patients with traumatic and non-traumatic brain injury than any other facility in Illinois and is the only inpatient brain injury rehabilitation program in the Chicago area accredited by CARF (Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities).
The Nursing Manager, reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Responsible for quality nursing services and the provision of patient care which meets hospital standards, JCAHO, CARF and IDPH regulations.
- Ensures quality patient care outcomes and customer satisfaction.
- Mentors and facilitates the development and accountability of nursing staff.
- Works in partnership with others in ensuring that areas of responsibility are aligned with the Mission, Vision, and Values.
- Ensures that policies, procedures, and practices support clinical, service and operational excellence.
- Functions as a liaison between the leadership, physician partners and staff.
- 5-7 years of experience.
- Current Illinois RN license.
- CRRN is required or must be obtained as soon as eligible.
- ACLS or PALS when eligible.
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities required: (i.e. supervision, computers, etc.):
- Commitment to a high standard of customer service and support of continuous quality improvement.
- Functions as a leader, team member and fosters collaboration between multiple parties.
- Demonstrated ability to manage, teach, make independent decisions and assume responsibility.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, verbal and written.
- Considers diverse opinions and incorporate them into the decision-making process.
- Exhibits creative and positive problem-solving abilities.
- Thinks conceptually and applies concepts in a practical application.
- Assimilates information from a variety of sources, analyzes information, and determines a course of action.
- Plans, organizes and effectively presents ideas and concepts to individuals and groups.
- Working knowledge and experience with PC-based applications, i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- MSN, MBA or currently enrolled in a Master's Program
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Medical Assistant- RMG Allergy Winfield, Full-Time, Days [$2,000 Sign-On Bonus] Winfield, Illinois
- Nurse Clinician - Transcatheter Valve Publications Coordinator, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Medical Assistant - Urology, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Nursing House Supervisor - PH Nursing Management, Full-Time, Nights Palos Heights, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs