House Supervisor Part Time Evening ShiftLocation Wheaton, Illinois Business Unit Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital Job REQID 111512 Job Function Clinical Nurse Shift Rotating Apply Now
View this video to learn more from the heroes that work at Northwestern Medicine.
The House Supervisor reflects the mission, vision, and values of NMHC, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Acts as the administrative nursing liaison in the absence of the Director of Nursing and Vice President (VP) of Nursing/Clinical Support.
- Responsible for the nursing activities and associated patient care issues, within a designated shift or time.
- Responsible for adequate staffing of nursing personnel.
- Provides education for quality patient care and to elevate the knowledge level of nursing in delivering care, under the direction of the Clinical Nurse Educator, Clinical Nurse Specialist and VP nursing.
- Represents nursing administration as the lead person in the event of any hospital emergency situation.
- Monitors nursing staffing, operational and care needs, to assure resources available to provide quality patient care, within a specified shift or time frame.
- Provides direct supervision of nursing staff, within a specified time frame or shift, including scheduling and evaluations.
- Assists with interviews for positions in the nursing department in conjunction with Human Resources.
- Provides staff feedback & competency assessments on an annual basis.
- Ensures employees adherence to standards of performance.
- Provides feedback to employees regarding performance of job duties or adherence to standards of conducts and initiates formal counseling action when necessary.
- Develops implements and upholds department and organization policies and procedures. Recommends changes to policies and procedures to the Director of Nursing, when appropriate.
- Develops and coordinates performance improvement activities for assigned staff. Participates, or designates appropriate staff to participate, on process improvement teams.
- Assists the Director and VP of Nursing in devising an appropriate budget, according to the organizations strategic objectives. Implements and supports finalized budget recommendations.
- Plans and implements professional growth activities for staff. Assures staff compliance with mandatory education and training requirements.
- Coordinates and leads all emergency or non-routine events, within a specified time frame or shift.
- Acts as conduit between nursing administration and staff and as a resource for customer issues.
- Adheres to standards consistent with Marianjoy's mission, vision and values Patient Care
- Educates trains and supports staff on necessary procedures, changes and operational issues to assure quality care delivery and policy adherence.
- Provides direct nursing care, as needed, under the guidelines of the Professional Nurse Job description. Financial Management and Viability
- With the assistance of assigned financial staff, reviews periodic financial statements and reports, and makes changes in resource allocation, spending, and other relevant business activity, to ensure the financial viability and budget compliance.
- Supports and adheres to the financial controls and related policies and procedures of WFH, and ensures that administrative and business activities are conducted in support of operational excellence. Human Resources Management
- With the support of and in coordination with the WFH Human Resources and Organization Development function, maintains positive personnel relations and strives to make WFH an employer of choice by ensuring that associate questions and concerns are addressed responsively.
- Ensures compliance with laws and regulations and adherence to WFH HR/OD policies and procedures.
- Ensures that performance management programs for staff and physicians are effectively administered and that all staff receives on-going feedback and coaching on job performance, competencies, values-based behaviors and developmental needs Compliance and Privacy
- Ensures that policies and procedures of WFH regarding corporate compliance and privacy of patient and associate information are observed.
- Exercises due diligence in contracting and other activities with legal risks, and uses the services of the WFH Office of General Counsel as appropriate.
- Personally models professional confidentiality and discretion in all communications and exchanges of information. Supervisory Practices
- Carries out normal supervisory duties and responsibilities, such as interviewing and hiring subordinates, conducting performance appraisals and granting merit pay increases, adjudicating requests for time off or other associate requests, adjudicating formal grievances or responding to other individual associate concerns, recognizing associate accomplishments, etc.
- Carries out other duties and special assignments as delegated by the supervisor. WFH Values and Leadership Competencies
- Demonstrates a visible working style, acts in a manner that is consistent with and shows commitment to the WFH Values and leadership competencies
- Bachelor's degree
- 5-7 years of experience
- Current Illinois RN license
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs