Home Infusion Clinical Pharmacist - Part Time DaysLocation Wheaton, Illinois Business Unit Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital Job REQID 61888 Job Function Pharmacy Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Home Infusion Clinical Pharmacist reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Home Infusion Clinical Pharmacist is a licensed professional whose responsibilities include clinical monitoring, assessment, and care planning for home infusion patients. This individual will be focused on patient safety and patient-centered approaches to care.
- Reviews patient medical records to determine appropriateness for home infusion therapy.
- Navigates electronic medical records and documents progress notes and other formal communications, as indicated.
- Monitors pharmacy care plan throughout course of therapy.
- Conducts medication reconciliation and make interventions, when indicated.
- Establishes and builds professional relationships with patients and care team.
- Makes evidence-based recommendations and interventions, when indicated.
- Provides drug information to members of health care team and patient/caregiver(s). Counsels patients and/or caregiver(s) when indicated. Responds to clinical inquires in a timely manner.
- Ensures safe selection of line care supplies to support the infusion.
- Works with the team to determine appropriate methodology of drug administration (e.g., IV push, ambulatory pump infusion, gravity infusion, elastomeric device, etc.).
- Monitors, dose, and manage drugs such as aminoglycoside and vancomycin.
- Actively communicates clinical updates to referring providers.
- Manages TPNs in collaboration with home infusion dietician and care team.
- Oversees quality of compounded sterile preparations to ensure USP <797> adherence. Supports cleanroom operations, as needed.
- Troubleshoots problems with devices for patients/caregivers and/or home health and hospice nurses.
- Partners with technicians and other team members to create a high-efficiency work environment.
- Actively participates in team meetings and other initiatives, as requested.
- Provides on-call support per rotating schedule.
- Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy
- Graduate of an ACPE accredited School of Pharmacy
- Current, active (in good standing) IL Pharmacist license
- Minimum of 2 years acute care (hospital) setting or home infusion experience
- Doctorate of Pharmacy
- Completion of an ASHP accredited Pharmacy Practice Residency Program
- Board Certification (e.g., BCPS, BCACP, BCGP)
- MTM certification (e.g., APhA)
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs