Hiring Blitz Diet TechnicianLocation Wheaton, Illinois Business Unit Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital Job REQID REF28238Z Job Function Food Services Shift Rotating Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
Northwestern Medicine is currently hiring Part-time Day and Evening Shifts for Diet Technician Day (7a-3:30p) and Evening (3p-11:30p)
The Diet Tech - Registered reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Responsible for assisting the Clinical Dietitian with nutritional assessments.
- Completes nutritional screening on all new admits and provides general nutritional care to patients of all ages.
- Supervises/oversees patient tray line during meal times.
- Provides opening/closing assistance in absences of manager.
- Evaluates, calculates and processes patient selective menus.
- Patient Nutritional Care:
- Conducts nutrition screening evaluation of new admissions to determine food preferences, allergies and nutritional risk.
- Communicates findings to the clinical dietitian.
- Refers patients at nutritional risk to dietitian per policy.
- Performs routine nutrition assessments on assigned patients under the guidance of a Registered Dietitian.
- Prepares care plans and goals using evaluation techniques that consider the needs of varied age-specific populations as well as cultural, religious, and ethnic concerns.
- Communicates with related departments, such as medical, nursing, and food production to optimize nutrition care and monitoring of food quality and delivery.
- Provides appropriate documentation of all assessments and education in the electronic medical record
- Uses approved abbreviations and symbols.
- Demonstrates accountability for the proper use of patients' protected health information.
- Collects, evaluates, calculates, corrects and processes patient selective menus per diets based on established guidelines and individualizes menus in dietary software.
- Monitors and verifies changes in diet orders or prescriptions as indicated.
- Prints menus and reports for patients, dietitians and production staff as assigned.
- Prepares limited food items as needed including thickened liquids, pureeing/chopping foods, sack lunches.
- Nutritional Education and Training:
- Assesses educational needs and counsels patients and families as assigned.
- Assists in the education of volunteers, students and interns and conducts training of new associates.
- Serves as a resource to medical staff and allied health on nutrition issues as indicated.
- Nutrition Food Services Quality Compliance:
- Oversees tray line during patient meal time or in absence of manager.
- Determines if all food supplies on the production tally are received and the correct consistency and portion for each meal period.
- Communicates deficiencies to food production support staff to prepare missing items.
- Organizes tray line to ensure delivery times are met.
- Reports to Food Service leader all associate call offs or tardiness; assists in assigning coverage as needed.
- Checks each patient's meal trays; references the meal ticket and corrects as needed.
- Assist in correcting patient menu issues within nutrition software.
- Resolves or assists in resolving patient meal and nutrition questions; tray line associate questions, and nursing/interdisciplinary team requests.
- Quality Assurance:
- Participates actively in identifying department opportunities for improvement and provides input for improvement.
- Collects performance improvement data, monitors outcomes, and initiates corrective actions as indicated.
- Contributes to the cost effectiveness and efficient utilization of department resources.
- Maintains productivity standards and practices effective time management and prioritizing of tasks.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Emergency Dept Tech - Woodstock ED, Full Time, NIghts Woodstock, Illinois
- 2022 Job Fair for Hospitality & Sterilizing Tech's - Central DuPage Hospital, offering Sign-On Bonuses Winfield, Illinois
- Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant - Cardiac Surgery, Full-time, Rotating Chicago, Illinois
- Certified Medical Assistant - RMG Primary Care- Full-time, Days Orland Park, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs