Facilities Engineer I - Maintenance Engineering, Full-time, DaysLocation Wheaton, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 0065932 Job Function Facilities/Maintenance Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
*This role requires the Facilities Engineer I to regularly maintain, troubleshoot, and repair HVAC equipment, so a thorough understanding of HVAC systems and the applicable laws and regulations is necessary*
The Facilities Engineer I reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organizations Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards. The Engineering Staff provides maintenance and repair for all HVAC equipment within the defined properties in the NM portfolio. The Engineering staff are also responsible to fill in for the maintenance staff when needed. Under the supervision of the Supervisor of Maintenance, the Engineering Staff is responsible for the day to day maintenance and repair functions of the off campus medical and administrative buildings. This position also requires interaction with contractors, vendors, physician-tenants, other tenants, NM staff, the public, neighbors and all those that directly or indirectly interact with NM and its properties. The Engineering Staff may rotate between multiple properties, and are dispatched to perform services to buildings located throughout DuPage, Kane, and DeKalb counties.
- Operates and cares for maintenance vehicles and equipment in accordance with NM policies.
- Coordinates activities between Property Management, Maintenance, vendors and tenants for resolution of tenant complaints, work orders and customer service issues.
- Assists management in identifying and evaluating capital repairs and projects.
- Inspects and maintains building security.
- Ensures all buildings are in compliance with any and all City, County, and State codes and ordinances.
- Responds to service requests and performs problem assessment, troubleshooting, correction, and documentation.
- Performs scheduled maintenance and inspections in accordance with organizational and regulatory protocols, policies, and standards.
- Operates facility equipment and systems on a routine and as needed basis in a safe and efficient manner.
- May assist contractors/vendors with repairs, maintenance, and construction.
- Conducts routine inspections with regard to compliance issues for outside vendors and governmental agencies including, but not limited to: OSHA, ADA, IDPH, and the Joint Commission.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Three years relevant building maintenance and repair experience
- Valid state issued drivers license with acceptable driving record and valid insurance
- Critical thinking skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in a stressful environment.
- Experience with HVAC systems
- Universal CFC Card
Equal OpportunityNorthwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Patient Access Specialist - Registration, Part-time, NIghts Winfield, Illinois
- Patient Access Concierge - Guest Services, Part-time, Evenings Winfield, Illinois
- CT Scan Technologist, IHR - Delnor CT Scanning, As Needed, Days Geneva, Illinois
- Registered Staff Nurse, Inpatient - Delnor Med/Surgical, Full Time, Nights - $3,000 Sign on Bonus Geneva, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs