Dishwasher - Marianjoy, 40 Hours/Week, 7:30A - 4:00PWheaton, Illinois Job REQID 6110 Job Function Food Services Shift Rotating Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
7:30A - 4:00P Monday through Friday, must work every other weekend
The Food Service Worker I reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Food Service Worker I performs a variety of functions and tasks pertinent to the production, service, and sanitation. A Food Service Worker may work in various areas of the department such as dish room, pots and pans, sanitation and storeroom, performing these duties under some to limited supervision.
Back of the house support:
- Collects and delivers dishware from the required locations.
- Cleans soiled pots by washing them using the guidelines outlined by the health department; cleans and sanitizes all eating, serving utensils and trays (3 Tier sink: wash, rinse, sanitize or mechanical dish machine).
- Returns sanitized items to designated areas.
- Takes all garbage out, breaks down cardboard and places in appropriate receptacles.
- Maintains and rotates appropriate stock in the work area.
- Cleans and sanitizes patient meal service wares using mechanical dish machine.
- Cleans and sanitizes equipment in designated work area. Follows established posted cleaning schedule; daily, weekly, and monthly.
- Records all required sanitation documents to include but not limited to food temperature log; cooler, freezer and pantry temperature logs; 3 tier sink sanitation water, dish machine temperature logs as required.
- Daily rotation of stock, dating and labeling of prepared food items.
- Other daily sanitation as outline per designated area, per department policy.
- High School or Equivalent (GED); or in lieu of high school diploma, must have 1 to 3 years of food service experience in a cafeteria, health care, restaurant, hotel or hospitality setting, preferably in tray line or dish/pots position.
- Capable of dealing effectively with supervisory and non-supervisory personnel as well as patients and visitors.
- Must stay current of recent changes in department policies and techniques in food service through meetings with department managers and department policy manuals.
- Knowledgeable of HACCP procedures.
- Ability to read and understand written and oral instructions in order to follow directions for tasks assigned.
- Hand and eye coordination necessary as well as agility and quickness.
- Basic knowledge of computer and internet.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work effectively in a team setting
- Ability to interface well with staff and visitors
- Excellent customer service focus
- Ability to work well under stress
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Patient Access Specialist, Grayslake, Full - Time Grayslake, Illinois
- Patient Access Specialist- Customer Service, Part-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Clinical Nurse - Neuro Spine ICU, Full-time, Nights Chicago, Illinois
- Operations Coordinator - Supply Chain Logistics Chicago, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs