Clinical Referral Liaison RN - Marianjoy, Full Time, DaysLocation Wheaton, Illinois Business Unit Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital Job REQID 11993 Job Function Nursing Coordinator Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Clinical Referral Liaison reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Clinical Referral Liaison facilitates and coordinates new referrals, education, assessment and admissions of all patients referred to Marianjoy for Inpatient Acute and Subacute. The clinical referral liaison helps to assist with the coordination of referrals for Comprehensive Outpatient, Outpatient, and Physician services from referral hospitals.
Admission Process & Liaison Activities:
- Clinically assesses referred patients at targeted hospitals daily and develops a rounding schedule to meet the needs of physicians, customers, families and discharge planners.
- Responds to patients, families, and discharge planners within 24 hours with results of clinical review and ongoing needs.
- Collects demographic, financial, and medical information and forwards to the appropriate Admission Representative.
- Evaluates medical information to determine appropriate level of care, rehabilitation criteria, and medical stability in conjunction with Medical staff and hospital policy.
- Works as the liaison case manager with the internal and external case management team to provide a cost-effective plan for each client.
- Works through in-house admission staff to complete financial, pre-certification, MMG consult (if necessary), and coordination of planned transfer date.
- Informs discharge planners, internal and external and admissions staff of planned admission date.
- Coordinates a smooth transition from the referring facility or site to the rehabilitation setting.
- Recommends and refers the appropriate care for candidates who are denied admission.
- Provides coverage at other hospitals outside of assigned targeted area as needed or assigned.
- Discusses admission requirements (i.e., clothing needs, insurance cards, visiting hours, equipment, etc.) with patient/family by providing written information as needed.
- Maintains a positive, professional demeanor and presents situations in a positive light in all interactions with referral sources.
- Demonstrates positive communication between customers and referral sources at all times.
Outreach & Marketing Activities:
- Discusses bed status and proactively seeks out opportunities for meeting potential patients and families who may need rehabilitation at all levels of care.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of facilities, products, services and acuity trends.
- Identifies and facilitates educational opportunities to hospitals in targeted area to increase awareness about Marianjoy programs and services.
- Develops and maintains ongoing, positive relationships with key contacts/discharge planners/referral sources and physicians by providing attentive customer service.
- Develops rapport with clients and their family members or significant others.
- Conducts other duties including exhibiting and providing tours.
- Serves as a contact person for the rehabilitation team, internal admissions team, clients and external sources to enhance outcomes.
- Promotes good public relations with patients, healthcare providers and other involved people.
- Proactively finds ways to facilitate meeting the needs of referring personnel within referring hospitals.
- Exhibits professional behavior as a facility representative.
- Completes and submits all required reporting and documentation in timely manner to include medical intakes, activity reports, call/ rounding schedules, in-service reports and expense reports and others as required.
- Attends all scheduled sales, marketing, and departmental meetings.
- Reports changes in targeted hospitals, possible effects, and action plans for the changing situations to the Director or designee as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s Degree: Nursing
- Active Illinois License: RN
- Computer experience in a Window's environment, or equivalent experience.
- Strong verbal communication skills, ability to work independently, and knowledge of medical terminology/pathophysiology and rehabilitation.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Four to five years of recent acute or rehabilitation care experience.
- Prior marketing, case management, or liaison experience.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Patient Access Specialist - Registration, Part-time, NIghts Winfield, Illinois
- Patient Access Concierge - Guest Services, Part-time, Evenings Winfield, Illinois
- CT Scan Technologist, IHR - Delnor CT Scanning, As Needed, Days Geneva, Illinois
- Registered Staff Nurse, Inpatient - Delnor Med/Surgical, Full Time, Nights - $3,000 Sign on Bonus Geneva, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs