Accountant, Full-time, DaysLocation Warrenville, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 58976 Job Function Accounting/Finance Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $6,000 Student Loan Repayment ($3,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
The Accountant reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Accountant is responsible for accounting and financial analysis activities for the department served. The accountant supports the finance function of Northwestern Medicine by preparing journal entries, analyzing accounts, researching transactions, and special projects.
- Accurately adjust account balances on a monthly basis and accurately prepare journal entries.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports, schedules, commentaries and supplemental material to be used by management.
- Prepare account reconciliations by compiling and analyzing account information, verifying the accuracy of general ledger accounts assigned to him/her.
- Prepare financial reports and work papers to support applicable audits and reviews.
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Report to the department manager and support the finance operation of Northwestern Medicine through special projects and analysis.
- Provide support and analysis related to operational budget and long-term financial projections.
- Answer questions from management on account information.
- Provide support for the month end close.
- Degree in Accounting or related field.
- Strong communication, collaboration, and analytical skills in a fast-paced environment.
- High attention to detail.
- Understanding of advanced accounting concepts.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office suite.
- CPA or CHFP certification.
- Experience in a healthcare or related setting.
- Experience in accounting/finance.
- Experience working with PeopleSoft General Ledger.
Equal OpportunityNorthwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs