Senior Buyer - Warrenville, Full Time DaysLocation Warrenville, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 13013 Job Function Supply Chain Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Senior Buyer reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Assumes a lead role in the training and support of Purchasing Department Buyers.
- Responsible for oversight of auto-sourced, Bill Only Materials (BOM) and sometimes Special Orders related to daily operational departmental orders.
- Communicates product status with requesting departments.
- Places urgent orders and ensures delivery is made to departmental expectation.
- Ensures all orders are placed with accurate pricing. Interfaces directly with specific departments assigned to provide support of the purchasing process.
- Expedites open POs within established KPI.
- Obtains, monitors, and processes PeopleSoft Purchase Order Acknowledgement (POA), vendor confirmations, and order resolution reports within established guidelines.
- May process Special Requisitions as needed or as requested.
- Demonstrates teamwork by helping co-workers within and across departments.
- Validates the use of correct Category Codes when issuing a Special Purchase Order.
- Responds to questions placed by internal customers within the same day and no later than 1 day of request.
- Monitors and communicates back-orders in a timely manner to the end user and assists with sourcing alternate products if necessary.
- Maintains good communication with Accounts Payable in resolving Match Exceptions.
- Resolves match exception errors within established KPIs.
- Ensures Purchase Order accuracy and timeliness of product/service delivery.
- Actively engages Procurement Contracts, Vizient/Transaction Center and vendor representatives to ensure accurate contract or non-contract pricing on Purchase Orders.
- Provides feedback to Pricing Manager and Data Team regarding items to ensure accuracy of catalog pricing and sourcing.
- Engages Level One Manager or Operations Coordinator as needed related to questions about supplies and equipment procurement.
- Communicates effectively with others, respects diverse opinions and styles, and acknowledges the assistance and contribution of others.
- Presents a friendly, approachable, professional demeanor and appearance.
- Uses organizational and unit/department resources efficiently and effectively.
- Manages work schedule efficiently, completing tasks and assignments on time.
- Contributes to opportunities and processes for continuous improvement.
- Takes lead as directed on Manage Daily Improvement (MDI) Initiative.
- Participates in efforts to streamline and standardize work processes.
- Consistently follows Standard Work protocols.
- Actively engages in department meetings by contributing and sharing observations and perspectives.
- Monitors self in relation to meeting established department KPIs and can communicate accomplishments and opportunities for improvement utilizing the mid-year and annual performance appraisal tool.
- Presents a friendly, approachable professional demeanor and appearance.
- Prepares and places urgent orders to ensure departmental expectations are met.
- Serves as a backup to other Buyers and support to Purchasing Agent.
- Participates in Buyer training and ensures that they are utilizing the same ordering process.
- Acts as the point person for specific departments assigned for daily purchasing.
- Contributes to the development and administration of the Purchasing Department Competency Assessment document.
- Provides training for new hire Buyers & Senior Buyers.
- Prepares & coordinates coverage with Buyers and Senior Buyers during scheduled and unscheduled PTO.
- Assists with the interview process for new hire positions as requested.
- Participates in special projects as assigned.
- Monitors daily Cardinal accounts.
- A minimum of one year of healthcare purchasing or supply chain management experience
- Ability to train existing and new staff in Buyer functions
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Two years of healthcare purchasing experience.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Medical Scribe - Ophthalmology, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Patient Liaison - OBGYN Oncology, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Patient Care Technician - Delnor Ortho/Oncology Med/Surgical, Part Time, Days - $1,000 Sign on Bonus Geneva, Illinois
- EVS Technician/Housekeeper - Kish Environmental Services, Summer Help DeKalb, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs