RN Staff Nurse Outpt-Oncology Infusion Treatment- Full-time, daysLocation Warrenville, Illinois Business Unit Central DuPage Hospital Job REQID 9590 Job Function Clinical Nurse Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The RN Staff Nurse Outpatient reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
An Endoscopy Registered Nurse is a clinically competent, registered, professional nurse who prescribes, delegates and coordinates nursing care to the acutely ill patient through the nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention, implementation and evaluation. This role effectively interacts with patient, significant others, and health team members, while maintaining standards of professional nursing. As a professional nurse in Endoscopy, utilizes critical thinking, therapeutic communication, and interpersonal relationship building skills and strives to improve team effectiveness, system processes and patient outcomes across the continuum of care.
- Nursing process--Collects and analyzes data, identifies expected outcomes, develops and implements an individualized plan of care, coordinates care delivery and evaluates progress toward attainment of outcomes.
- Directs care and determines the appropriate utilization of any assistant involved in providing direct patient care.
- Involves patient/family to participate in their care, including teaching, continuum of care and discharge planning.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in a manner which optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors incorporating the National Patient Safety Goals.
- Adequately assesses and reassesses pain. Utilizes appropriate pain management techniques. Educates the patient and family regarding methods to manage pain.
- Demonstrates effective hand-offs to the next healthcare provider.
- Assumes required on call assignments.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing required for all new hires after 01/01/2011
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the State of Illinois
- One year of experience in similar role
- CPR – Basic Life Support
- Three years of experience in a similar role
- ONS Chemotherapy/Immunotherapy Certification
- OCN Certification
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Clinical Quality Documentation Specialist, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Quality Utilization Specialist, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Social Worker (Transitional Care), Full Time Days Lake Forest, Illinois
- Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist, Full-time, Days Lake Forest, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs