Pediatric RN Ambulatory Anesthesia Dept-Proton Center Full-Time Days [$5,000 Sign-on Bonus]Location Warrenville, Illinois Business Unit Chicago Proton Center Job REQID 71604 Job Function Clinical Nurse Shift Evening Job (2nd) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $6,000 Student Loan Repayment ($3,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
The Registered Nurse reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
This role is a registered professional nurse who is accountable for assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation for the care of assigned patients. As a member of the clinical and work unit team, the Registered Nurse participates in decision making and quality improvement activities which improve patient care outcomes.
- Directs patient care provided by support personnel for a specific shift. Identifies changes in patient's physiological condition.
- Communicates patient status to multidisciplinary team members.
- Communicates directly with patient and family about nursing care.
- Provides clinical interventions to meet patient needs.
- Documents the nursing process.
- Assimilates information from multiple sources and implements appropriate action plan to provide safe, quality care.
- Assures safety and security of patients, significant others and staff.
Assists the anesthesiologist in the care of the center’s pediatric patients requiring sedation for Proton Radiation treatment. Responsible for the care and management of pediatric patients recovering from sedation.
- Demonstrates clinical competence
- Provides direct patient care
- Directs patient care provided by support personnel for a special shift
- Performs ongoing assessment of assigned patients and their significant others biopsychosocial and learning needs
- Contributes to plan of care in coordination with patient care coordinator as appropriate
- Implements appropriate actions to respond to needs of patients and patients significant others
- Monitors and documents the patient's response to therapeutic interventions and progress toward outcomes
- Demonstrates cost effective approach to patient care in terms of equipment, supplies and all other resources
- In all areas of practice follows established policies, procedures and standards of care
- Participates in quality improvement activities.
- Demonstrates the following professional attributes
- Exemplifies a professional image in appearance, manner and presentation
- Is an advocate for patients and their significant key others, co-workers, the community and the nursing profession
- Consistently demonstrates accountability
- Champions collaborative practice with co-workers and other disciplines and departments
- Consistently demonstrates compassion to internal and external customers
- Dynamic representative of the nursing profession in internal and external forums
- Integrates theoretical knowledge base and clinical expertise in decision making
- Assumes responsibility for meeting mandatory requirements
- Assumes responsibility for personal development plan and education related to clinical specialty area.
- Follows research protocols for assigned patients.
- Current license as a Registered Professional Nurse or eligible in the State of Illinois
- Graduated from an accredited school of nursing.
- Certification of BLS CPR.
- PALS is required
- One year of experience.
Internal and rehire candidates are not eligible for sign-on bonus.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs