Radiation Therapist- Proton Center- Full-Time, Days/ EveningsLocation Warrenville, Illinois Business Unit Chicago Proton Center Job REQID 42964 Job Function Imaging and Radiology Shift Evening Job (2nd) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Proton Radiation Therapist reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Proton Radiation Therapist is responsible for the delivery of proton radiation therapy to patients at the NM Chicago Proton Center. The therapist is responsible for adhering to all policies and procedures governing the high quality and compassionate delivery of proton radiation therapy treatments and simulations. The proton radiation therapist will work in cooperation with other team members to assure all treatment and simulation procedures are delivered accurately with compassion and according to the physician prescription provided. The proton therapist will image patients daily for precise treatment delivery. The proton therapist is responsible for monitoring patients chart assessments and center communications processes prior to treatment start and throughout the course treatment.
- Scheduling patients and coordinating care with other departments, both internally and externally.
- Demonstrates overall knowledge of treatments and use of pertinent equipment.
- Effectively utilizes EMR and/or related oncology information systems in use at the facility.
- Prepares supplies and equipment necessary for positioning and accuracy of treatment.
- Accurately selects anatomic/technical parameters.
- Monitors and documents patient's condition.
- Reports any adverse reactions to physician.
- Educates patients and provides direct patient care under the supervision of a physician.
- Records medical histories.
- Prepares patients for treatments and considers specific patient needs; administers care according to individual age and abilities.
- Performs simulations with patients, with a focus on CT simulations.
- Completes all related required scheduling and paperwork.
- Demonstrates effective communication, agile and effective handling of downtime, and flexibility in a high-pace and stressful environment.
- Knowledge of modern radiation and proton therapy systems and sub-systems including simulation, imaging and treatment procedures is required.
- Graduation from an approved 2- or 4-year program in Radiation Therapy, or a degree in radiography combined with a 1-year program in Radiation Therapy.
- Certification in Proton Therapy or certification with in within 1 year of hire date.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Working knowledge of EMRs, MOSAIQ record & verify system and Microsoft Office.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
- American Registry of Registered Technologist, ARRT, within 3 months of graduation, with full CE compliance.
- New graduates need Certificate of Completion from the college.
- Active IEMA Accreditation.
- Proton Certification required upon hire or within 1 year of hire date.
- CERT BLS
- REG ARRT.
- One or more years of experience as a radiation therapist.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Certified in Proton Therapy within 1 year of hire date.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Respiratory Care Assistant- Delnor Respiratory Care, Casual, Rotating Shifts Geneva, Illinois
- OB RN - Full-Time, Day Shift DeKalb, Illinois
- Outpatient Physical Therapist- Full Time, Weekdays & Saturday Morning Shift Bartlett, Illinois
- Registered Nurse, Day Surgery, Part-Time DeKalb, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs