Purchasing Agent Level I - Warrenville, Full Time DaysLocation Warrenville, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 30957 Job Function Supply Chain Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Purchasing Agent Level I reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines, and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Processes supply, blanket, and service Purchase Orders using the NM ERP, consistent with NM policies and procedures.
- Consistently processes requisitions into POs within established KPI.
- Expedites open POs within established KPI.
- Obtains, monitors, and processes PeopleSoft Purchase Order Acknowledgement (POA), vendor confirmations, and order resolution reports within established guidelines.
- Demonstrates teamwork by helping co-workers within and across departments.
- Validates the use of correct Category Codes when issuing a Purchase Order.
- Responds to questions placed by internal customers within the same day and no later than 2 days of request.
- Monitors and communicates back-orders in a timely manner to the end user and assists with sourcing alternate products if necessary.
- Maintains good communication with Accounts Payable in resolving Match Exceptions.
- Resolves match exception errors within established KPIs.
- Partners with assigned Buyer to ensure Purchase Order accuracy and timeliness of product/service delivery.
- Actively engages Procurement Contracts, Vizient/Transaction Center and vendor representatives to ensure accurate contract or non-contract pricing on Purchase Orders.
- Provides feedback to Pricing Manager and Data Team regarding items to ensure accuracy of catalog pricing and sourcing.
- Engages Level One Manager as needed related to questions about supplies and equipment procurement.
- Communicates effectively with others, respects diverse opinions and styles, and acknowledges the assistance and contribution of others.
- Presents a friendly, approachable, professional demeanor and appearance.
- Directs new vendor requestors to vendor portal for information and registration.
- Provides feedback to Vendor Team regarding updates of current vendors.
- Can communicate and educate end users regarding procurement policies, procedures and processes.
- Assists end users with PeopleSoft and NM Marketplace module as needed.
- Ensures products, equipment and services are sourced through contracted and preferred suppliers.
- Uses organizational and unit/department resources efficiently and effectively.
- Manages work schedule efficiently, completing tasks and assignments on time.
- Contributes to opportunities and processes for continuous improvement.
- Participates in efforts to streamline and standardize work processes.
- Consistently follows Standard Work protocols.
- Actively engages in department meetings by contributing and sharing observations and perspectives.
- Monitors self in relation to meeting established department KPIs and can communicate accomplishments and opportunities for improvement utilizing the mid-year and annual performance appraisal tool.
- A minimum of two years of experience in an aspect of healthcare supply chain management with a demonstrated track record of accomplishments OR A minimum of three years of experience as a Purchasing Agent/Buyer for industry.
- Two years of healthcare purchasing or supply chain related experience.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Patient Care Tech - Huntley Surgical Care, Part Time, Days Huntley, Illinois
- Attending Nurse - Neuroscience Progressive Unit, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Software Developer Epic Cache Chicago, Illinois
- Ophthalmic Assistant - Ophthalmology, Full Time, Days **$5,000 Sign on Bonus** Grayslake, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs