Oncology Nurse Clinician- Regional Medical Group Medical Oncology- Full-Time, DaysLocation Warrenville, Illinois Business Unit Regional Medical Group Job REQID 32899 Job Function Clinical Nurse Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Oncology Nurse Clinician reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines, and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Assesses and reassesses the patient and family for on-going care needs with knowledge of high-risk criteria and initiates referrals to the appropriate resources in a timely manner.
- For all new patients collects and analyzes data, identifies and coordinates appropriate multidisciplinary care and appointments. Triages this information and schedules patients appropriately.
- Collaborates with patient, family, physicians and ancillary staff and coordinates new patients for the multidisciplinary clinics.
- Assists in creating a plan of care that indicates this collaboration and communication.
- Serves as a resource to non-clinical staff regarding prospective patients calling the program for information.
- Is able to state rationale for clinical decisions based on critical thinking.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in a manner which optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Identifies learning needs, abilities, preferences and readiness; assesses support systems, coping mechanisms and barriers to learning, making referrals as appropriate.
- Educates patient, family and caregivers regarding diagnosis, process, therapies, and testing.
- Assists with transitions of care and providers.
- Communicates effectively and works cooperatively with other team members.
- Has respect for and an understanding of other clinical disciplines.
- Delegates appropriately to other care providers to facilitate meeting patient needs in a timely manner.
- Promotes a positive work environment.
- Demonstrates an interest in personal development and growth beyond routine expected educational sessions.
- Embraces new employees and care team members, contributing to their growth and learning.
- Attains knowledge and competency that reflects current nursing practice through participation in ongoing educational activities.
- Seeks experiences and formal and independent learning activities to maintain and develop clinical and professional skills and knowledge.
- Engages in a formal process seeking feedback regarding one's own practice from peers and professional colleagues.
- Exhibits creativity and flexibility through the dynamics of change.
- Completion of an accredited Registered Nurse program with an RN License in the state of Illinois.
- Current nursing experience within the past 5 years.
- BLS Certification.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
- Oncology Certified Nurse.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Patient Services Rep- Regional Medical Group Pediatrics- Part-Time, Days South Elgin, Illinois
- Food Service Worker - Kish Food & Nutrition Services, Full-time, Rotating, $2,000 Sign-on Bonus DeKalb, Illinois
- Patient Service Representative - Cardiology, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Department Secretary - Outpatient Rehabilitation, Full-time, Rotating Sycamore, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs