Nurse Navigator- Proton Center- Full-Time, DaysLocation Warrenville, Illinois Business Unit Chicago Proton Center Job REQID 62241 Job Function Clinical Nurse Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Nurse Navigator reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Nurse Navigator is a clinically competent, registered, professional nurse who coordinates multidisciplinary care to the patient using the nursing process.
- Effectively collaborates with the patient, significant others, and other members of the healthcare team, while maintaining ANA standards of professional nursing practice.
- Assess and reassesses the patient and family for on-going care needs with knowledge of high risk criteria and initiates referrals to the appropriate resources in a timely matter.
- For all new patients, collects and analyzes data, identifies and coordinates appropriate multidisciplinary care and appointments. Triages this information and schedules patients appropriately.
- Collaborates with patient, family, physicians and ancillary staff and coordinates new patients for the multidisciplinary clinics.
- Assists in creating a plan of care that indicates this collaboration and communication.
- Research - Utilizes the best available evidence, including research findings to guide practice decisions.
- Aware of available, current research trials and collaborates with research staff for new patients who may be eligible for a research trial.
- Serves as a resource to non-clinical staff regarding prospective patients calling for information.
- Is able to state rationale for clinical decisions based on critical thinking.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in a manner which optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Identifies learning needs, abilities, preferences and readiness; assesses support systems, coping mechanisms and barriers to learning, making referrals as appropriate.
- Educates patient, family and caregivers regarding diagnosis, process, therapies, and testing.
- Assists with transitions in care and providers.
- Demonstrates an interest in personal development and growth beyond routine expected educational sessions.
- Current experience within the past five years.
- Completion of an accredited Registered Nurse program with a BSN and RN License in the state of Illinois (LIC RN).
- CERT BLS. Basic computer knowledge.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Consistently works within the framework of the Illinois Practice Act for Nursing and ANA Standards of Professional Nursing Practice.
- Ability to assess and determine situations requiring an interpreter and to use interpreter services effectively.
- One year of experience in acute care in a hospital setting and/or one year of experience in outpatient setting. This experience is preferred to be within the last four years of employment.
- Prior case management or patient navigation experience in an acute or outpatient.
- Basic EPIC EMR knowledge.
Equal OpportunityNorthwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs