Medical Assistant, Outpatient Infusion/Clinic - Warrenville Cancer Center - Casual (As Needed), Days - $500 Sign-on BonusLocation Warrenville, Illinois Business Unit Central DuPage Hospital Job REQID 44964 Job Function Patient Support Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
Business hours for the Warrenville Cancer Center are currently Monday - Friday 7a - 7p, this position would be scheduled for 8 hour shifts within those hours. The center will close when the last patient has completed their visit. The hours for this position will be based on gaps in the schedule and needs of our Clinic/Infusion patients.
The Certified Medical Assistant reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organizations Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) is a multi-skilled worker who assumes a wide range of clinical and administrative roles within the physician office setting. Under the supervision of a Physician and/or the direction of a licensed nurse, the CMA provides direct and indirect patient care, performs laboratory and other testing, and may assist with clerical functions.
The CMA serves as a key team player when interacting and communicating with patients and/or clinical staff in the ambulatory care environment.
- Under the supervision of healthcare provider, assists with performing patient treatments.
- Performs basic diagnostic procedures and specimen collection.
- Monitors and communicates changes in patient condition.
- Documents patient care given.
- Maintains equipment and medical supplies, including reordering, stocking, cleaning, and troubleshooting.
- Maintains examination area.
- May perform administrative or clerical duties as assigned, including filing, reception, scheduling, data entry, billing, and patient registration.
Internal and rehire candidates are not eligible for sign-on bonus.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- CMA or RMA required through American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA), American Medical Technologists (AMT), National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) or National Healthcareer Association (NHA).
- Certification required upon hire or within 6 months from hire date if eligible to sit for exam must provide proof of eligibility.
- New Grads must obtain certification/registration within 1 year from hire date
- Must provide proof of graduation.
- Acquisitions must obtain certification/registration within 1 year from hire date.
- AHA BLS Provider certification
- Previous relevant healthcare experience.
- Associate's Degree preferred.
- Second language proficiency a plus.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs