Clinical Practice Trainer, Regional Medical Group - Full-Time, daysLocation Warrenville, Illinois Business Unit Regional Medical Group Job REQID 27389 Job Function Patient Support Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Clinical Practice Trainer, CMA reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Clinical Practice Trainer, CMA is a clinical resource, change agent, consultant, and content developer. In collaboration with the operational directors, clinical staff, practice leadership, peers, and other support teams, this position will assist in the design, development, implementation and evaluation of a variety of clinical operational processes to improve clinical care and clinical/organizational outcomes. Under the direction of the RMG Clinical Practice Program Manager, the Clinical Practice Trainer will support the onboarding and training of new clinical support staff into the medical group.
- Facilitates formal and informal clinical staff training for clinical support staff.
- Supports RMG clinical staff in new hire clinical orientation and core RMG clinical processes.
- Provides educational consultation at the organizational level through participation in operational committees and workgroups.
- Continually seeks feedback and maintains visibility across practices to gain contextual insight into training and educational needs.
- Assists with the design and implementation of evidence-based competency assessments for clinical orientation and ongoing evaluations.
- Participates in activities to evaluate and improve processes that will contribute to standard work and optimal patient care.
- Contributes to the development, review, approval and implementation of policies, procedures, guidelines and protocols for inclusion in medical group.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- CMA or RMA required through American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA), American Medical Technologists (AMT), National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) or National Healthcareer Association (NHA)
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (American Heart Association) certification.
- Minimum of three years clinical experience in medical group or physician’s office.
- Strong writing and presentation skills, good organizational skills, and excellent critical thinking skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with patients, physicians, management, staff and other customers to optimize patient care.
- Willingness to travel (some travel may be required).
- Working knowledge of Epic Ambulatory EMR.
- Previous relevant healthcare experience.
- Associate's degree.
- Prior training or relevant clinical leadership experience, including preparation of training materials and classroom facilitation.
- Working knowledge of performance improvement methodologies (i.e. DMAIC), analytic tools and methods; familiarity with basic statistics as related to healthcare quality.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Cardiac Tech - Cardiac Lab, Casual, Days DeKalb, Illinois
- Clinical Nurse Intermediate Float - CDH Resource Team, Full-time, Nights $2,000 Sign-on Bonus Winfield, Illinois
- Patient Services Rep - Residency Clinic Woodstock, Full-time, Days Woodstock, Illinois
- Certified Surgical Tech - Operating Room, Part-time, Rotating Shifts DeKalb, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs