Clinical Nurse (Procedural) - CDH Ambulatory Surgery Center, Part-time, DaysLocation Warrenville, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Surgery Center Job REQID 41016 Job Function Nursing Coordinator Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $6,000 Student Loan Repayment ($3,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
The Procedural Staff Nursereflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
This role is a clinically competent, registered, professional nurse who prescribes, delegates and coordinates nursing care to the acutely ill patient through the nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention, implementation and evaluation. The Procedural Staff Nurse effectively interacts with patient, significant others, and other health team members, while maintaining ANA standards of professional nursing practice.
- Collects and analyzes data, identifies expected outcomes, develops and implements an individualized plan, coordinates care delivery and evaluates progress toward attainment of outcomes.
- Directs care and determines the appropriate utilization of any assistant involved in providing direct patient care.
- Collaborates with patient, family, physicians and ancillary staff. Creates a documented plan, focused on outcomes and decisions related to the care and delivery of services that indicates communications with patients, families, and others.
- Participates in shared governance, committee work, and unit projects.
- Evaluates and documents the patient’s responses to nursing interventions in the health record and properly individualizes the plan of care based on the evaluation of findings.
- Utilizes the best available evidence, including research findings to guide practice decisions.
- Perform the duties and responsibilities of a circulating nurse in an age appropriate manner (pediatrics, adolescent, adult, geriatric)
- Properly identifies patients by checking the identification band and comparing with the information on the chart and label as evidenced by observation and documentation.
- Always verifies consent is signed and accurately completed. Checks medical records for appropriate information as specified in the Center policy as evidence by documentation.
- Prepares the Operating Room for the patient by obtaining proper equipment and supplies for intraoperative care by always using the appropriate preference cards as evidenced by documentation and observation.
- Ensures a safe environment for the patient by following proper aseptic techniques, care and operation of all surgical and emergency equipment as observed.
- Prepares operative site and assists in draping each patient in accordance with departmental procedures as evidenced by observation and
- Monitors all patients receiving conscious sedation or local anesthesia according to established policies and procedures as documented.
- Consistently assists in moving patient to and from operating table and while positioning patients in a safe manner in accordance with written procedures as observed.
- Accurately records, handles, and labels specimens as documented.
- Assists with applying dressings and prepares patient for transport to the Recovery Room as observed.
- Initiates lifesaving measures, such as CPR, in emergency situations as observed.
- When acting as a scrub nurse, utilizes aseptic techniques, sets up instruments and equipment needed for procedures as observed and documented.
- Always performs needle, sponge, and other counts as documented.
- Adheres to principles of universal precautions and ensures safe disposal of all sharps as observed.
- Controls use of supplies and equipment to avoid waste as observed.
- Assists with the general cleaning of the room and sets up the next case as observed.
See what our staff have to say about working at Central Dupage Hospital!
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing required for all new hires as of 5/2014
- Current State of Illinois Registered Professional Nurse Licensure
- Basic Life Support certification
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to collaborate with others, strong analytic abilities
- Strong communication skills, verbally and in writing
- Experience with electronic medical record (EMR)
- Advanced computer skills
- Familiar with medical terminology and knowledge of basic surgical procedures
- Effective time management and ability to work independently
- Ability to organize and prioritize, and problem solve
- Strong critical thinking skills and decisive judgement
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action
- Prior Epic experience
- Experience in specific clinical area 6 months or more
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs