Staff Nurse - Regional Medical Group, Gastroenterology Office, Part-Time, DaysLocation Sycamore, Illinois Business Unit Regional Medical Group Job REQID 69909 Job Function Clinical Nurse Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $6,000 Student Loan Repayment ($3,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
The Staff Nurse PhysGrp reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Staff Nurse is a clinically competent, registered, professional nurse who prescribes, delegates and coordinates nursing care to the acutely ill patient through the nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention, implementation and evaluation. The Staff Nurse effectively interacts with patient, significant others, and other health team members, while maintaining ANA standards of professional nursing practice. This role is also responsible for phone triage, abnormal test result delivery and corresponding care instructions.
The Gastroenterology office nurses daily responsibilities include (but are not limited to) patient phone triage, relaying and educating patients on results, completing in-office patient procedures (Capsule Endoscopy testing), supporting our in-person clinics, and working closely with our GI providers to deliver the highest quality of care.
The full time nurse position is 20 hours per week and will provide coverage for both our GI offices at Sycamore and Sandwich. Our offices are open Monday through Friday, no holiday or weekend hours.
- Current experience (within past five years)
- At least one year of nursing experience
- Graduate of accredited 2 or 3 year nursing program
- State of Illinois RN License
- BLS certification
- Computer and Typing skills
- Excellent Communication Skills
- The ability to work with a dynamic and diverse team.
- The ability to work between both locations is required.
- BSN preferred upon hire
- Experience in an outpatient clinic setting a plus
- Experience with Epic a plus
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs