PHP/IOP Intake Evaluator- Full-time, DaysLocation Sycamore, Illinois Business Unit Kishwaukee Hospital Job REQID EV37414U Job Function Patient Support Shift Day Job (1st) Pay rates are dependent upon experience. The minimum starting hourly rate for this position is Apply Now
- Answers inquiry calls in a prompt and courteous manner, assisting callers, screening potential patients and setting up initial evaluation appointments.
- Conducts initial assessments for all levels of care for patients 18+ with addiction and/or mental health needs.
- Establishes rapport with patients and their families, assesses patient needs, establishes preliminary diagnosis and treatment plan recommendations.
- Completes written assessment in a timely, thorough fashion, completes required consents/releases with patients and communicates outcome of evaluation with referral sources with patient consent.
- Communicates well with physicians, seeking their input for patient placement and notifying them of patient status as needed.
- Works effectively with all referral sources, physicians, therapists, and contact persons to ensure the prompt and courteous assessment and transition to BHS programs or outside referrals as appropriate.
- Works cooperatively with BHS Business Development to foster current referring agent relationships.
- Provides a system of smooth transition for all patients to the appropriate services within BHS or the community, working effectively with clinical staff, utilization review staff and business office to remove barriers to efficient provision of care. Knowledge of and proficiency with EMR/basic computer skills.
- Masters Degree in behavioral health field.
- IL license in a mental health field (LSW, LPC, AMFT).
- Minimum 1 yr experience in mental health field. Knowledge of ASAM patient placement criteria.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
Preferred: LCSW Or LCPC
Equal OpportunityNorthwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs