Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant - General Surgery, Full-time, DaysSycamore, Illinois Job REQID 8275 Job Function Advanced Practice RN Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
Northwestern Medicine has an exciting opportunity for either a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to work in our general surgery department located in Sycamore. This position is primarily outpatient post-op appointments and follow-up encounters. Eventually possible in-patient rounding or OR first assist expansion possible.
Shift: M-F, days. Call required:1 day off per week with call coverage, date is not yet confirmed; 7 days of call per month, 1 day during the week and 1 weekend per month; likely no rounding on the weekend.
The Advanced Practice Provider reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The APP works within the guidelines of a collaborative practice agreement with an active member of the medical staff of Central DuPage Hospital. In partnership with physicians and other health care team members, the APP assesses, plans, implements, coordinates, and evaluates care for a specific patient population based on individual scope of practice. Through the application of evidenced-based decision making, the APP serves as a leader, educator, researcher and clinical mentor to all members of the health care team with the goal of achieving optimal patient outcomes.
- Master’s degree from an accredited school/college of nursing OR master's degree from an accredited Physician Assistant Program
- Current license as a Registered Nurse in the State of Illinois/Current license as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse in the State of Illinois. Certification as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse by a national certifying body as approved by the Illinois Department of Regulation APRN Board. Once licensed may apply for a controlled substance license and DEA number OR Master’s degree from an accredited Physician Assistant Program/Current license as a Physician Assistant in the State of Illinois. Once licensed may apply for a controlled substance license and DEA number
- Privileged and credentialed through the NMH Medical Staff Office (MSO)
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation – BLS, issued by the American Heart Association
- At least two (2) years in a surgical outpatient, in-patient or OR position; this can be as an RN or APN or PA
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Insurance Verification Representative - Durable Medical Equipment, Full-time, Days McHenry, Illinois
- Client Office Phlebotomist - HealthLab, Full-time, Days (KD) Palatine, Illinois
- Client Office Phlebotomist - HealthLab, Full-time, Days (SR) Carmel, Indiana
- Talent Acquisition Professional- Human Resources, Full-time, Days Warrenville, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs