Client Office Phlebotomist - Float - HealthLab, Full Time, Days - Sign-On Bonus $3,000 - (KA)Location St Louis, Missouri Business Unit Central DuPage Hospital Job REQID 34747 Job Function Laboratory Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
***This is a full time 40 hours a week float position located at client sites in St. Louis, MO. Must be able to work Monday through Friday open to availability***
The Client Office Phlebotomist reflects the mission, vision, and values of NMHC, adheres to the organizations Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Client Office Phlebotomist-Floats provides phlebotomy coverage at Northwestern Medicine Client sites as required. This role performs phlebotomy and other lab specimen collections per age related standards.
- Provides appropriate post-phlebotomy patient care.
- Identifies need for patient medical assistance and call code as appropriate.
- Reviews/Records refrigerator temperature(s) and QC/QA records. Areas of concern are recorded through the Corrective Action Log and reported to maintenance for repair. Findings are reported to supervisor or manager.
- Use manual requisitions and labels specimens appropriately.
- Label and process specimens according to establishes protocols and policies.
- Must effectively procure blood specimens from infant, adult, geriatric, and wheelchair bound patients.
- Must demonstrate competency for age related responsibilities.
- Understands the operation and maintenance of equipment pertinent to the job.
- Follows up with all outstanding orders on manifest log, and communicates all timed, completed or uncompleted draws/charges/results to the client office staff and performs other duties as assigned.
- Requests/obtains written physician orders with all required information necessary for lab services requested and accurately orders laboratory tests in computer system(s).
- Prioritizes tasks and is able to multi-task.
- Follows TJC National Patient Safety goals in regard to two patient identifiers and handwashing.
- Presents a friendly, approachable, professional demeanor and appearance.
- Provides accurate information and timely updates to patients and customers.
- Addresses questions and concerns promptly, or identifies appropriate person or recourse to do so.
- Manages work schedule efficiently, completing tasks and assignments on time.
- Participates in efforts to reduce costs, streamline work processes and improve and grow services we provide.
- Communicates and notifies Laboratory and/or Physician of problems with specimen procurement to ensure optimal care.
- Provides follow up on test results to appropriate individuals in a professional and courteous manner.
- Continuously updated on information by reading emails and demonstrates compliance in MediaLab.
- Maintains a safe work environment, holds self-accountable for safe work practices, performs all aspects of daily work in a manner that contributes and ensures an environment of patient safety.
- Performs clerical duties directly related to handling and processing of lab specimens.
- Performs clerical work; faxing, printing, filing, reviewing, and verbally releasing laboratory results.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Phlebotomy certification through a nationally recognized organization or training from a phlebotomy school or medical institution or one or more years of phlebotomy experience in a healthcare setting.
- Experience performing phlebotomy on a broad range of patient’s types.
- Experience with processing lab specimens, transferring specimens, and handling a centrifuge.
- Familiar with medical EMR systems.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Valid Driver’s License and Auto Insurance
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Pharmacy Practice Coordinator - Drug Information, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Housekeeper - Central DuPage Hospital, Full-time, Days, $$3,000.00 Sign-On Bonus Winfield, Illinois
- Transporter, CDH, Full-time, Rotating Shifts, $$3,000.00 Sign-On Bonus Winfield, Illinois
- Patient Care Tech - Marianjoy, Spinal Cord, $2,000 Sign on Bonus, Full Time Nights Wheaton, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs