Patient Care Technician-Emergency Department Part-Time DaysLocation Sandwich, Illinois Business Unit Valley West Hospital Job REQID 77821 Job Function Patient Support Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
View this video to learn more from the heroes that work at Northwestern Medicine.
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $6,000 Student Loan Repayment ($3,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
Patient Care Technician - Emergency Department, Part-Time, Days
The PCT/Phlebotomistreflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Provides patient care under the direction of a physician, physicians assistant, advanced practice nurse, and/or registered nurse.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Performs basic nursing care activities as delegated and supervised by an RN, including monitoring vital signs, taking blood glucose measurements, and recording intake and output.
- Reports abnormal findings or changes in physical, mental and emotional conditions to nursing staff.
- Assists patients with tending to personal care and activities of daily living, including bathing, grooming and eating.
- Assists with keeping patient rooms clean and orderly.
- Performs phlebotomy according to standards and policies. Collects and labels specimens (urine, stool and sputum) accurately and according to policy.
- Identifies and transports blood/blood components and specimens using appropriate blood borne pathogen precautions. Identifies drains and tubes, empties and records drainage.
- Performs 12 lead EKG according to standards and policies.
- Certified nursing assistant in the state of Illinois (not required for current Nursing Students), or Medical Assistant, EMT-B, Paramedic Cert or nursing student with at least 2 clinical rotations completed.
- High school graduate or equivalent. Licensure: CNA, CMA, EMT-B, Paramedic Cert or 2 nursing clinicals required.
- CPR – Basic Life Support
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs