Food Service Worker - Valley West Food & Nutrition Services, CasualLocation Sandwich, Illinois Business Unit Valley West Hospital Job REQID 19046 Job Function Food Services Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Food Service Worker I reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Food Service Worker I performs a variety of functions and tasks pertinent to the production, service, sanitation, and distribution of food to patients, sisters and employees. A Food Service Worker may work in various areas of the department such as patient tray line, nourishment room stocking, dish room, pots and pans, sanitation and storeroom, performing these duties under some to limited supervision.
Back of the house support:
- Collects and delivers dishware from the required locations.
- Cleans soiled pots by washing them using the guidelines outlined by the health department; cleans and sanitizes all eating, serving utensils and trays (3 Tier sink: wash, rinse, sanitize or mechanical dish machine).
- Returns sanitized items to designated areas.
- Assists in transporting all food to and from each kitchen.
- Takes all garbage out, breaks down cardboard and places in appropriate receptacles.
- Assembles tray line with prepared food and beverages using established guide lines and procedures.
- Assembles patients' trays according to patient meal ticket.
- Delivers and retrieves prepared meal carts/patient trays to and from each nursing unit
- Retrieves, clears, and cleans utility carts from floors.
- Maintains and rotates appropriate stock in the work area.
- Cleans and sanitizes patient meal service wares using mechanical dish machine.
- Prepares nourishments (daily patient snacks) per procedure and delivers to unit pantries.
- Takes inventory of items in tray line stock area and coolers (new kitchen).
- Completes inventory request form, retrieves inventory from main kitchen (old kitchen) and returns items, placing on items on the shelves including rotation of stock, dating and labeling.
- Gathers items and prepares floor stock request for nourishment rooms and physician lounge supplies per stocking day schedule, refilling only quantities needed and recording quantity of items supplied in each unit (6 units).
- Removes previous day's perishable floor stock supply and replaces with fresh supplies as needed.
- Cleans and sanitizes equipment in designated work area. Follows established posted cleaning schedule; daily, weekly, and monthly.
- Records all required sanitation documents to include but not limited to food temperature log; cooler, freezer and pantry temperature logs; 3 tier sink sanitation water, dish machine temperature logs as required.
- Daily rotation of stock, dating and labeling of prepared food items.
- Other daily sanitation as outline per designated area, per department policy.
- High School or Equivalent (GED); or in lieu of high school diploma, must have 1 to 3 years of food service experience in a cafeteria, health care, restaurant, hotel or hospitality setting, preferably in tray line or dish/pots position.
- 6 months healthcare, restaurant, hotel or hospitality food service experience
- Serve Safe Food Handlers certificate
- Capable of dealing effectively with supervisory and non-supervisory personnel as well as patients and visitors.
- Must stay current of recent changes in department policies and techniques in food service through meetings with department managers and department policy manuals.
- Knowledgeable of HACCP procedures.
- Ability to read and understand written and oral instructions in order to follow directions for tasks assigned.
- Hand and eye coordination necessary as well as agility and quickness.
- Basic knowledge of computer and internet.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work effectively in a team setting
- Ability to interface well with staff and visitors
- Excellent customer service focus
- Ability to work well under stress
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Emergency Dept Tech - Woodstock ED, Full Time, NIghts Woodstock, Illinois
- 2022 Job Fair for Hospitality & Sterilizing Tech's - Central DuPage Hospital, offering Sign-On Bonuses Winfield, Illinois
- Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant - Cardiac Surgery, Full-time, Rotating Chicago, Illinois
- Certified Medical Assistant - RMG Primary Care- Full-time, Days Orland Park, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs