Emergency Department Technician - In-House RegistryLocation Sandwich, Illinois Business Unit Valley West Hospital Job REQID 33322 Job Function Patient Support Shift Rotating Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Emergency Department Technician position reflects the mission, vision, and values of Northwestern Medicine, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Emergency Department Technicican provides patient care within a defined scope of practice that includes patient care, monitoring and observation, specified treatments and procedures; provision of environmental and personal safety and effective communication.
The Emergency Department Technician functions under the direction of the Emergency Nurse (RN) and Physician. The Emergency Department Technician will also be responsible for collecting pertinent data within their certification scope of responsibilities and reporting these clinical findings to the RN and Physicians.
- Assists patients with basic care needs and any other duties related to the well-being of the patient following established nursing policies and procedures.
- Prioritizes patient care activities based on patient needs and unit activity under the direction of the Clinical Shift Coordinator and/or Relief Charge Nurse.
- Administers treatments and various procedures (within their scope of practice) to patients as ordered by the physician and directed by the Professional Nursing Staff including but not limited to the following:
- Vital signs
- Orthostatic blood pressures
- Attaches cardiac monitor
- Obtains 12 lead ECG
- Identifies abnormal cardiac rhythms and life threatening arrhythmias, pulse oximetry, capnography
- Oxygen administration including nasal cannula, oxy mask, non rebreather mask
- Obtains finger stick blood sugar and specimen collections such as urine or stool or wound
- Wound care
- Sterile technique glove application and tray set up
- Aseptic technique and wound cleansing
- Wound dressings, steri strips, tube gauze, dry gauze
- Antibiotic ointment application
- Cold and sterile saline burn dressings
- Assists with OB/GYN care
- Assists physician with exam
- Obtain visual acuity
- Eye care including eye irrigation and eye patch application
- Orthopedic care and applications including splints wraps immobilizers crutches
- Assist in code situations
- Start and discontinue IVs
- Managing intravenous maintenance fluids
- Identifies changes in patient condition and notifies RN/physician.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Graduate of an accredited Paramedic program.
- Current EMT P license without restrictions or EMT B with at least two (2) years Emergency Department experience.
- ACLS certification
- At least 2 years of Emergency Department experience
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Certified Medical Assistant - COVID Tent, Weekend Casual, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Clinical Nurse - Cardiac Transplant Intensive Care Unit, Full-time, Nights Chicago, Illinois
- Certified Medical Assistant - COVID Tent, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- ICU RN, Full-time, Days, $2,000 Sign On Bonus DeKalb, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs