Registrar HealthLab, Full-time, DaysLocation Saint Charles, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 14560 Job Function Customer Service Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Registrar, HealthLab reflects the mission, vision, and values of Northwestern Medicine, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Registrar, HealthLab is responsible for using the hospital information system to secure accurate patient demographic, financial and clinical information for hospital services rendered. The Registrar collects the patient information in a timely and efficient manner to provide patient customer service and to ensure that reimbursement is timely.
- Values, Patient Satisfaction and Service Excellence:
- Demonstrates Northwestern values in daily work and interactions.
- Presents a friendly, approachable, professional demeanor and appearance.
- Provides accurate information and timely updates to patients and customers.
- Addresses questions and concerns promptly, or identifies appropriate person and resources to do so.
- Demonstrates teamwork by helping co-workers within and across departments.
- Communicates effectively with others, respects diverse opinions and styles, acknowledges the assistance and contributions of others.
- Efficiency and Business Growth:
- Uses organizational and unit/department resources efficiently.
- Manages work schedule efficiently, completing tasks and assignments on time.
- Contributes to opportunities and processes for continuous improvement.
- Participates in efforts to reduce costs, streamline work processes, and improve services we provide.
- Completes the registration effectively and efficiently.
- Reads and applies policy and procedure updates and other memos within one week of receipt of posting.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of those insurances which are billed by the hospital for inpatient and outpatient services.
- Works independently at an established productivity level.
- Communication & Collaboration:
- Communicates with HealthLab Billing and Client Services employees to secure appropriate billing information.
- Administration and Documentation:
- Identifies and documents insurance carrier codes correctly on patient records.
- Ensures that correct financial class is selected and documented on patient records.
- Registers HealthLab patients according to policy and procedure defined for all patient types.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Must attend Registration training prior to performing the act of registration.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Detail orientated.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Associate General Counsel, Full-Time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Clinical Practice Specialist Nurse - Critical Care/ICU Huntley, Full-time, Day Huntley, Illinois
- Staff Nurse Inpatient - Marianjoy, 3 East, $3,000 Sign on Bonus, Full Time Evenings Wheaton, Illinois
- Patient Care Tech - Marianjoy, $2,000 Sign on Bonus, Full Time Days Wheaton, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs