Clinical Support Tech-Phlebotomist Immediate Care Center- Part-Time, DaysLocation Saint Charles, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medical Group Job REQID 58657 Job Function Laboratory Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $6,000 Student Loan Repayment ($3,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
The Clinical Support Tech - Satellitereflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The position requires phlebotomy and other specimen collections, processing specimens, computer activities, and responding to customer requests.
- Performs waived and moderate complexity testing accurately and efficiently under the supervision of a Satellite Lab Tech, CLS, or Tech Supervisor. Follows lab procedures carefully and is familiar with basic lab functions.
- Performs diagnostic/analytic testing of specimens, interprets, documents and report results to provider.
- Performs quality control, maintenance, troubleshoots, verifies the accuracy of all instrument.
- Performs EKG procedures for outpatient, preoperative patients and the convenient care inpatients.
- Required to work with the main lab staff, other CC departments, nurses and providers to ensure excellent patient care.
- May require work at more than one Satellite location, holiday and weekend rotation, and will include sharing of on-call duty with others in the facility.
- Works in partnership with all lab personnel to insure that tests are prioritized properly and all work is completed.
- Identifies and solve problems utilizing appropriate resources with the assistance of a supervisor, manager, pathologist and/or coworkers when appropriate.
- Follows JCAHO National Patient Safety goals in regards to two patient identifiers and handwashing
- Performs phlebotomy and other lab specimen collections per age related standards. Provides appropriate post-phlebotomy patient care. Identifies need for patient medical assistance and calls code as appropriate.
- Understands and performs system quality control and quality assurance essays.
- Utilizes reagents and supplies in a cost effective manner.
- Responds to customer calls in a professional and courteous manner. Reports test results accurately over the telephone to appropriate individuals.
- Phlebotomy experience or newly graduated from a college approved phlebotomy program.
- Upon hire must provide hard copy of high school diploma or equivalency and/or transcripts. Must provide proof of Education as stated in the CLIA guidelines.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- EKG experience or newly graduated from a college approved EKG program.
- Previous laboratory experience.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs