Sonographer, MFM - PH Ultrasound, Full-time, Rotating, $4,000 Sign-on BonusLocation Palos Heights, Illinois Business Unit Palos Hospital Job REQID 60360 Job Function Imaging and Radiology Shift Rotating Apply Now
View this video to learn more from the heroes that work at Northwestern Medicine.
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Sonographer, MFM reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Performs diagnostic ultrasound procedures according to industry standards, along with department policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates independent judgement in performing two dimensional ultrasonic recordings of female reproductive anatomy and fetal structures.
- Evaluates the request for diagnostic ultrasound services and assesses the patient to determine the appropriate procedure protocol and methods of application.
- Utilize equipment and accessories, employ techniques and procedures, perform services in accordance with an accepted standard of practice to generate ultrasound images and demonstrates expertise in limiting the exposure to the patient.
- Provides patient education in the form of written material and/or verbal explanation prior to, during and subsequent to the procedure in order to reduce the patients anxiety and enhance his/her comfort zone with respect to tolerance of the procedure.
- The Sonographer acts as an agent through observation and communication to obtain pertinent information for the physician to aid the diagnosis and treatment management of the patient.
- Documents imaging procedures manually and/or electronically to insure correct charging, and patient and film file tracking.
- Sends acquired images to PACS system correctly using the appropriate accession numbers for future retrieval by medical staff.
- Monitors stock of supplies in imagining rooms to assure their regular availability by timely reordering, rotation of dated items, and by maintenance of a clean and orderly environment.
- Reports incidences of equipment failure, irregularities in equipment performance, and equipment in disrepair to supervisor as soon as possible.
This position is full-time, 80 hours per pay period, rotating start time with alternating weekends and holidays.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) certification.
- Basic Life Support (American Heart Association) certification.
- Diploma or certificate of completion from an accredited medical sonography program.
- Two or more years experience as a Sonographer in a Maternal Fetal Medicine practice.
- Technical competency in relevant specialty.
- Certification from the Fetal Medicine Foundation in the following areas: Nuchal Translucency, Nasal Bone, Tricuspid Flow and Ductus Venosus within the first six months of employment.
- Maintain continued development of education, training and experience consistent with AIUM site certification.
- REG ARDMS.
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree.
- Three or more years of experience.
- Additional certification relevant to specialty area, including Fetal Echo (FE) certified.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Film File Clerk - Mammography, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Clinical Nurse - CDH Labor & Delivery, Full-time, Nights Winfield, Illinois
- Housekeeping Assistant I - PH Housekeeping - Discharge Team, Full-Time, Evenings Palos Heights, Illinois
- Housekeeping Assistant II - Support Services Environmental, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs